1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Are Lizardmen Toxic?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Zemaphore, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Zemaphore
    Skink

Zemaphore New Member

I was wondering, not being the best on fluff, are lizardmen toxic? If an imperial trooper would eat one, would he die?

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

As far as I know, the answer is no. But to be fair, the only instance that I have read of when a saurus or skink gets eaten is when one gets eaten by a clan pestilence skaven, and they could probably deal with most any toxin.

3. lizardlover
    Skink

lizardlover New Member

lol
    i'd laugh if an empire spearmen who was eating
    lunch suddenly keeled over with a scale hanging
    out of his mouth!!!! :smug:

4. Zemaphore
    Skink

Zemaphore New Member

Hahaha, that would be funny. :p

But there's no fluff about a strain of lizardmen which are toxic to the touch, like arrow frogs?

5. Ychig0
    Skink

Ychig0 New Member

The skinks use toxins in the blowpipes or javelins but i think they take this out of plants and stuf,i think the ones that would be toxic would be the salamanders and the jungle swarms

6. white_aardvark
    Skink

white_aardvark New Member

Hi everybody, first post for me - just had to add my 2 bits...

The chameleon skink models have poison dart frogs attached to them on which they rub the blowpipe darts before shooting them. I suspect that poison dart frogs must form an integral part of lizardman society living in great amounts in the temple cities. I don't think lizardmen themselves are poisonous, after all you can eat a monitor lizard, gecko or crocodile if you want to (don't taste particularly good without a LOT of seasoning though). They're probably not good eating anyway, mostly sinew and muscle under the scaly skin... Cold Ones however - different story! Can anyone here smell the barbecue?

7. Purple Skink
    Skink

Purple Skink New Member

There is a comic strip where a Skink who is USELESS at EVERYTHING finally goes up to the Slann to find his purpose. After weeks of awaiting the Slanns response he tells the Skink that it's his fate to kill off an entire choas warband.

Lo and behold a warband appears and the Skink charges in by himself thinking he is destined to win. He's immediately killed and eaten. The Skink however was toxic and killed off the chaos warband.

Fulfilling his role in the Great Plans of the Old Ones :)

8. nightmareius
    Saurus

nightmareius New Member

i like the idea of the skink takin the enemy with him :rage: is there a link to this i would love to see it, anyway while i think (with a lot of seasoning) they may tast nice, i dont want to find out if there poisinous the hard way. i say we draw straws and one of us eats one and if we dont hear back we will draw the conclusion.

*draws straw from hat* "yay a long one"

9. Purple Skink
    Skink

Purple Skink New Member

I was actually told the tale by a friend who owns the graphic novel, it's got lots of little stories from around the warhammer world. I'll post the name as soon as I get it :)

10. nightmareius
    Saurus

nightmareius New Member

thanks, sound great and i will buy a copy as soon as i find it.

11. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Thread... so... DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THREE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    ...can't.... take... such... necromancy... the undthread has awoken to exact its revenge upon the living!!!!!!!!

12. Purple Skink
    Skink

Purple Skink New Member

Call of Chaos graphic novel I've been told for the Skink Tale or Tales from the 9 Tailed Cat x