1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Bane Head and EotG

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Thatguyoverthere, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Thatguyoverthere
    Skink

Thatguyoverthere New Member

Bane Head will not work for the user's mount. What about EotG? I guess what that comes down to is whether the EotG is part of the Skink Priest or the Stegadon. Thoughts?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmm I don't think it really matters whether the engine part is the skink or the steg, though I would be more inclined to think it is the steg. Either way, the steg counts as a mount for the priest.

3. Nakai
    Saurus

Nakai Member

I'd say no because the wounds arent coming directly from the skink priest but a massive magical machine.

4. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

If the priest is killed then the engine is no longer able to be used therefore it would seem that the damage, tough not directly caused by the priest should still be attributed to the priest.

The LM rule book - P.55 - states that "An Ancient Stegadon taken as a monstrous mount by a Skink Priest replaces its hodah weapons with an Engine of the Gods" As it replaces the howdah weapons it cold be considered part of the stegadon, however with the Bow, it is not the stegadon but rather the crew that fire it therefore any wounds would be allocated to the crew (If we were getting technical about who wounded what).

Ultimatly it is a flip off between yes he does and no he doesn't.

Then again, FAQ says it's not him casting the spells so no, he wouldn't benefit.

To this end I have a second question, will bane head double wounds caused by the Impact Hits of a stegadon which are modified by the Stegadon War Spear? Arguably the chief's weapon causes an additional D6 impact hits, these are considered to be magical when the spear is present ergo are these wounds attributed to him and are therefore subject to the bane head rules?

Of course having just checked I have realised that you can't combine these two items because of point cost and so all of this is irrelevant...
    -Eagle

5. Thatguyoverthere
    Skink

Thatguyoverthere New Member

Sigh... Well it was a good idea while it lasted.