1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Base size woes

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, May 18, 2022.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Marauders are listed as 25/28mm rounds.

I mistakenly based an entire unit in 32s.

I normally wouldn't give two cares, but I wanted to game with these. :/

Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

The correct base size is 25mm x 25mm ... square! :cool:

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Conform GW they are based at 25mm rounds

Grrr, Imrahil

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Yea, ergo my woes

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Surely this would have been better to add to your project thread rather than start a whole new thread about it? Because at the moment it is serving little purpose other than complain at your mistake, unless you're asking for advice on how to get your models out of this mess, in which case I would ask the following question:
    Are your Kruleboyz models stuck via pegs into holes in their bases, or just stuck on by their feet?

Because if it's the latter then unless you've done something daft like sticking plastic models on their bases with superglue (why go to all that trouble and risk of sticking your fingers together when poly cement does the job perfectly well?) it shouldn't be that difficult to prise the feet off with your modelling clippers. True it might scrape the sides of the feet a bit, but given your models are being used as servants of Nurgle you can explain it off as another of the symptoms of the many diseases they are suffering from.

If it's the former, swapping the bases will be a fair bit more difficult to achieve, but in this situation I think you'd have to bite the bullet and try the method above and risk snapping the peg off, because you can still glue the models to their new bases by their feet.

And at the end of the day, if you're not keen on my idea, are you ever going to play with these at a GW Hobby Centre? Because if not then I don't expect many opponents will mind, especially given the quality of your conversions (unless you're up against a 'that guy' who may well niggle and moan at such a relatively meaningless thing, whereupon you can just not play them again with that particular army, they're not worth your time). There are far worse things to worry about than base sizes, so long as you're not doing crazy stuff like sticking infantry models onto chariot bases :p

NIGHTBRINGER, Imrahil and Bowser like this.
  6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

It was basically complaining. I apologize, as it was rather early in the morning but I wasn't fully myself.

After reading your words and thinking about it, you are right. Base size is a very small thing to be concerned about and most of my gaming buddies wouldn't care.