Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Killer Angel, Mar 8, 2020.
also flying hilarity
Update: coalesced tips & tactics
the overview is almost completed...
Only a single note: your description of Prime Warbeast a bit unimformative. It states that mounts weapons receive +1, but doesn't state to what stat exactly. A typo, I suppose. Also, it mentions only single weapon, not all weapons, as it should be.
Waiting for the final part now!
Yep, it has been fixed.
Update: powerful builds and tricks
Thank you and congrats with finishing the guide!
A couple of notes:
1) Giving Sacred Stegadon Helm also gives Meteoric Warspeard additional point of damage. This, probably, makes Stegadon helm the most appealing option for Stegachief. And you can give it one more additional attack for all weapons with Great Drake constellation;
2) Hand of Glory is perfect for teleporting salamanders. Hand of Glory + Herald of the Old ones combination allows them to hit on 2's rerolling 1's. For ultimate fun cast on them Control Fate, use Priest's staff and Gift from Heavens, if your opponent have any descent shooting. And mystic shielf on top of it. Then throw them into enemies backline. Not only will they deal damage, but also create a threat, that you opponent won't be able to ignore and which would be very hard to remove. Unfortunately, most of this buffs will be needed elsewhere, but we are talking about possibilities, right?
3) Unfortunately, Blazing Starlight only affects enemy units now. So you cannot buff our heroes with it anymore. Still, a very good spell.
I'm happy too. It has been a hard work but i believe it will be a helpful tool for the community.
1) great drake. The additional attack is only for the weapons branded by the hero (edit: probably it's for all of them)
2) added hand of glory to sallies
3) i realized that my description of blazing starlight was slightly unclear. Now it should be better.
wait, the great drake doesn’t affect mounts???
so no extra bites??? sorry this is news to me...
no i as wrong i re read the book when i got home from work. all melee attacks there is no restriction to the mounts attacks
*backs away from cliff and cuddles carnasaur model*
I have a doubt on this and i was reading the rule in a cautious way.
"pick a SERAPHON hero, +1 attack to his melee weapons"
Are you sure this means "a model with the hero keyword" (so also the Carnosaur) and not "only the hero" (so no mount)?
Thinking on it it's probably the first, as the official restriction on "only the raider, not the mount" is only for artefacts and command traits.
I am pretty sure, that as long as mount isn't restricted from any rules. its attacks affected too. The ability is tied to the keyword. And, since nothign excludes mount attacks, it affects mount attacks too.
Yeah, i tend to agree… and I have updated the Horned King build with it. 29 melee attacks.
yeah I thought it was the hero too, but when I got home I re read it after I saw the response. with there being no qualifying statement, and the actual wording stating HERO it makes sense its all melee attacks.
now with Carnosaur!
Couple of notes:
1) Rune blade replaces Rend characteristics with straight-up -3 rend;
2) In TL, Carno will have 6 jaw attacks - 3 base, +1 coalesced, +1 prime warbeast, +1 great drake asterism.
1) i was factoring the Starseer's spell that gives a -1 to saves to the target unit, so it basically counts as a further rend -1. It has been specified in the first carno description
2) i missed the additional attack with copy and paste. tnx
*sniffling sound* carnosaurs... mmmm
looks good and well designed, definitely some stuff like the thunder lizard Oldblood or Koatl’s claw scar veteran I would love to run in a game.
although you should consider the Oldblood in Koatl’s claw, it gets lethal.