1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Big comeback

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Buldi, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

So, after 6 years of playing AoS, i decided to try 8th edition again. Here is my idea for a 2000 list. Please, share with my your thoughts.

Slann-mage priest
    Generał, BSB, Lore of high magic, Harmonic convergance, Becalming cocgitation, Soul of stone, Focus of mystery, Chanelling staff

Skink priest
    lvl 1 lore of beasts, dispell scroll

Saurus scar-veteran
    Cold one, Sword of might, light armor, Charmed shield, Dawnstone

Saurus scar-veteran
    CO, GW, Armor of destiny

10 Skink skirmishers
    blowpipes

10 Skink skirmishers
    blowpipes

10 Skink skirmishers
    blowpipes

10 Skink cohort
    Drummer

24 Saurus warriors
    FCG, Spears

5 Chameleon skinks

5 Chameleon skinks

10 Chameleon skinks

4 Ripperdactyl riders

Salamander hunting pacs

Total: 1999pkt

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

First off, WELCOME BACK TO THE EIGHTH! :D

It's a good list. Without knowing who you're going up against, I'd say switch the Skirmishers blowpipes for Javelins so you can March and shoot which makes a big difference (with blowpipes almost always being at long range and Skinks having moved you can't uses Multiple Shots without sacrificing your Poison special rule) and I'd take something else for the Skink Cohort. Unless you mean this to be a Kamikaze unit (for O&G fanatics or something like this) they are a terrible liability who will get mutilated in the first round of any combat. Much better to take more Skirmishers if that's what you're going for.

Any ideas who you're playing? Then I'd have more to say about it. :)

Buldi, Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

[​IMG]

Buldi, Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

The Great White Lizard Well-Known Member

Looks pretty strong! Oh, and you can cut the light armor on the scar vet as thick-skinned cold one brings it to 1+ anyway. I always like to have a TG bunker around my slann, but it's not essential. With the amount of poison you're packing, your opponents' monsters will die very quickly.

Lizards of Renown and Buldi like this.
  5. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

My first opponent will also have lizardmen, but i thinkhe will quickly switch to Empire, because he wants to buy them so much!
    My thinking- the cohort is a unit i put pu slann into, so he he l be safe from shooting. I do not plan to put them on the frontline. But sugestion well recieved, especially with the javelins!
    @The Great White Lizard- are you sure with the save calculation? Remember, its charmed shield, not entchanted one.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  6. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

The Great White Lizard Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry I was thinking enchanted for some reason. Temple guard are ideal for Slann protection as they are stubborn when a slann joins their unit and the slann gets to be put in the second row. The TG aren't worth the points if they aren't up front though, and the skink cohort are fine for some additional protection. Empire are a very diverse army. I haven't played against them much myself, so I can't give much helpful advice. Be sure to upload the battle report!

Buldi and Lizards of Renown like this.
  7. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

8. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

Schedueled for the second battle against my Empire freind. We will use the same lists with diffrent magic. He went for life, i want to check out the wandering deliberations. Any succeses with those?

9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I have had success with Wandering Deliberations against my friend using WoC.

I would say do Focus of Mystery. Empire are generally low toughness so pretty much every spell in that Lore will be useful for you. Plus you can switch out spells as needed. (Use the storm spell against his cannons!)

The Great White Lizard and Buldi like this.
  10. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

I was thinking searing doom to kill his tank. But good sugestions!