1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Brand new noob

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Keyoke, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Keyoke
    Jungle Swarm

Keyoke New Member

Hi,

Getting into Age of Sigmar, and obviously the Seraphon. I am thinking that I will build towards a Thundering lizard army as it just looks fun.

I plan to use Slinks in the army, I was just wondering how they should be be built. Or does it matter? Rule books are on their way. I do have a box of Slinks.

Thanks
    Keyoke

2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Welcome to the hobby.

The important thing to remember about how you build a unit of models is that they all need to be equipped with the same weapon option. For example, with a box of Skinks you'll get 20 models If I remember correctly.

If you want to use those models as two units of 10, then you can give each unit a different weapon option. For example, 10 Skinks with Javelin and buckler, and 10 Skinks with Boltspitter and buckler. But if you want to use them as a single squad of 20 Skinks, then they will all need to be built to use the same weapons.

As for what the best way to build them is, it depends on how you want to play. Skinks are usually played in two ways: either in small groups of 10 as a 'speedbump' that will get in the way of your enemies charges and protect your more valuable units. Or, they're sometimes played in big units of 30. Skinks get a bonus attack for being in big units, so they can be surprisingly deadly with clever use of the other abilities available to Seraphon.

In general, if you're not sure how to build them, then Boltspitters and bucklers are a safe bet. They have the longest range, and the buckler helps to make the unit a bit more survivable. Otherwise, Boltspitters and Clubs can be a fun choice if you ever want to throw a big group of Skinks into combat. They won't do too well unassisted, but the key to our army is synergy. Stack the right buffs on them and they can be very fighty!

3. Keyoke
    Jungle Swarm

Keyoke New Member

Good questions. Being a noob, I really don't know. I was thinking smaller groups, since I'll be running a thundering lizard army to start off with.

Down the line, maybe a bigger army if I decide to try different types of armies. At the moment, just want to start somewhere and figured Thundering LIzards sounds fun. IT'll be mostly casual play..

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard!
    If you're planning thunder lizard, skinks will mostly be used in groups of 10 to screen and battlefield control.
    Equip them with shield (always)

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Keyoke
    Jungle Swarm

Keyoke New Member

Awesome. Done. At the moment I've built 10 with Spears, and Ten with that toothed club.