1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout Recovery: 9 Week Physical Exercise Program

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

The following is a possible cure, described to me by a doctor who had education in physical exercise (which most doctors don't have, and thus cannot find anything wrong with burntout patients when taking their tests). Posting it in case anyone knows someone who could benefit from trying it out. You may want to speak with a doctor about it, but do ask how many hours education they have in physical exercise, and remember that most doctors have zero:

9 Week Programme for Burnout Recovery (90% recovery success among patients). Personal trainer is recommended.

Start small and managable. It doesn't matter how little you can manage the first weeks. Increase as you go by.

Each week look like this:

1 day high pulse exercise. Skiing, cycling, running, swimming.

1 day rest.

1 day high strength exercise. Lifting weights. Not many lifts with little weight, but a few heavy lifts.

1 day rest.

1 day low pulse exercise. Yoga, relaxation exercise and the like, whatever makes your pulse go low.

1 day rest.

Rinse and repeat for 9 weeks.

The high pulse exercise gives the least to recovery, but is still needed. High strength exercise gives medium. Low pulse exercise gives the most, counter-intuitively though it may sound.

The doctor explained that burnout is lengthy brain exhaustion, and can be exercised and rested away if done correctly. It cannot be medicated away, at least not with current medicine.

I will try this program soon, when things calm down so no work and chores to help within the family tugs at my limited energy (keep your schedule cleared!).

Best of luck, anyone out there who may need it.