1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Can I get a howdah?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dread Saurian, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

alright hear me out I already know how comedic my unit is. But I've been playing a bit of total war... what if I could have a skink chief and crew? How much would the point be? Hmmmmm

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Just getting the Skink keyword would be pretty useful for the Dread. This means we could give it:
    • Extra attacks with Steg Chief command ability
    • +1 to hit with Skink Priest command ability
    • +1 to save and run/shoot/charge with Skink Priest prayer
    Then consider that you wanted it to have a Chief on the howdah, presumably making it a Hero. This unlocks:
    • Command traits - think Nimble for +1 save, or Prime Warbeast, giving it more extra attacks
    • Artefacts - think Stegadon Helm for better save and damage, or Chamon artefact for ignoring the first point of rend.
    I reckon things start to snowball out of control pretty quickly. You could suddenly be dealing with a 37 wound, 2+ save destroyer of worlds with up to 6 bite attacks that each deal 6 damage (not even considering his claws and tail).

For those reasons, I think the keywords alone would add around 150 points to his cost - and that's not considering any ranged attacks or hero attacks that a howdah with some Skinks and a Skink Chief might add.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Dread Saurian and LizardWizard like this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I think id go Nimble with cloak of feathers for a flying 15" move 3+ save -1 to be hit 35 wound monstrosity... before abilities/prayers/etc

but hey that's just me :)

4. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Thank you two I like talks thinking too