1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. cowboys with infantry - do we distribute against shooting?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Pinktaco, May 19, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Say I'm up against a wood elf player and he brings the dreaded waywatcher. My CoRs will likely be gone first turn, so I put my cowboy in a unit if templeguards and they shoot at the templeguards. Can they actually hit my cowboy or are the shots just wasted against the RnF models?

2. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

first....don't overestimate waywatchers. Don't get me wrong, they are a fantastic unit....but they will miss some shots and only wound your COC on 5+. And against the cowboyz they will only wound on 6+ and then you probably have a ward as well. It may be well worth to let them shoot at a cowboy to keep something else safe.

But coming back to your question....yeah, you distribute the shooting. So you decide which model is hit. You must assign a hit to each model in the unit before you can assign a second hit to a model. So, in theory they can hit your Cowboyz, but only if they hit each and every templeguard model first.

hope this is clear.

NIGHTBRINGER and Pinktaco like this.
  3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Well that is something I have to test in real life. Math says that roughly 2 CoRs will die which is "fine" if they're there to bring the cowboy anyway. I tihnk it's because my friend have brought 20 waywatchers which results in much more pain, but I might be wrong.

Anyway question was answered, so thank you. =)

4. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

Twenty....yeah, that can be painfull indeed. I so far have not been up against more than 12 (2x 6), which i found less of a threat then expected.