1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like 10mm scale?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I've always enjoyed it for mass scale gaming. strips are fun to paint, and you can get legions of soldiers fit for duty in a small time frame.

I'm curious what my fellow lizards think.

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I have never concidered them, neither have I seen them sold anywhere.
    They do look fun though.

how would removing casualties work in a game?

Grrr, Imrahil

3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Well, two schools of thought.

1. Strips, removing wounds would normally be with wound counters until the unit is destroyed.

2. singles, people play old editions of WHFB at 10mm scall with individual figures. I would assume they would be on tiny magnetized bases and be removed normally.

Imrahil likes this.
  4. - Q -
    Troglodon

- Q - Well-Known Member

How do you paint something so tiny? I would be worried that I would make a real mess of it.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I'm enjoying painting some of Warlord's Epic Battles ECW models in 12mm, though it's certainly a time-consuming job to paint details for figures that small. I have to keep on reminding myself that when as a unit inaccuracies on the details of such models don't matter nearly as much as they do on 28mm minis.

As for Warhammer Fantasy models in that scale, I may have chosen to get into 10mm Warmaster stuff if it had been more extensively marketed at the time and if friends of mine at school were playing it, but certainly not now that I have 6 Fantasy armies in various stages of completion.

- Q - likes this.
  6. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

Too small to paint and I lose interest. I have a 15mm Mongol army that only got half finished as I lost interest in it due the size of the minis.
    I also struggled with some of the oared ships in the old Man O' War. Very fiddly but worth the perseverance as it was a great game.