1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. first army against brett 500p

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by icecool208, Aug 9, 2011.

1. icecool208
    Skink

icecool208 New Member

Ok so after looking though forums ive made this army to I think will work against my cousins breet army I saw his list when I was at his house (it was lieing there I didnt go throught his stuff btw)
    HEROS 115
    Skink
    level 2
    Plaque of Tepok
    To cast spels on his trebuche and knights
    CORE 313
    12 saurus
    full com
    To hold his knight still they will hide behide a fence or something so He can't get bonus from lance
    11 skinks
    brave
    to get in a building a shoot at enemys
    12 ss
    brave
    to get behind the archers and shoot
    SPECIAL 72
    6 chameleon skinks
    to kill his trebuche
    any ideas ?

2. walrusstooth
    Skink

walrusstooth New Member

Take off all those comands because they will get killed in a challenge and you could have a whole nother guy

3. icecool208
    Skink

icecool208 New Member

even stanard bearer and musician

4. walrusstooth
    Skink

walrusstooth New Member

It is such a low point game that you could use the troops more

5. icecool208
    Skink

icecool208 New Member

Ok thanks

6. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

I agree with what is said above. With such a low point game, personally I wouldn't bother with a squishy priest. Here is one of my 500 pt. lists that I have ran before which, coincidently, was against Brets (which has been my main army since 4th edition).

1 saurus scar vet with ironcurse icon (gives 6+ ward save to character AND it's unit against war machines)
    17 saurus warriors with spears (no command)
    14 skinks (non-skirmish and no command)
    5 chameleon skinks (no upgrades)
    1 salamander hunting pack

This list comes to 499 points. I place the scar vet in with the saurus warriors to give them a boost against the Bret's trebuchet (which, if my opponent has no war machines, I swap the 5 point item Ironcurse Icon with another skink). This unit will be the main attraction to the bret's knight charge.

The slamander hunting pack is there to tear through the knights armour. Try to hit them with this unit first and then mop up the rest with the saurus.

If your bret opponent prays to the Lady of the Lake (I rarely ever see one who doesn't) to get their knights a 6+ ward save, use this "down time" to move your chameleon skinks into position and get a "free" fire on that trebuchet.

This with the other advice from previous posters should help you out. Good luck!

7. icecool208
    Skink

icecool208 New Member

I wish i had posted this before i built my army i already have all the core units built and undercoated

8. icecool208
    Skink

icecool208 New Member

I removed the braves and the the saurus command and added a new saurus. 31 pionts left do i change skink priest to oldblood or leave him. I'm almost at the hero piont cap so not much there. I could add one more clameon but then I'd have to buy a whole extra pack. I have one unbuilt skink still on the frame so i could increase either the normal skinks or

9. Shaslain
    Saurus

Shaslain New Member

I would beef your units up with the points you have left over. Definitely keep the skink priest, an oldblood won't really do as much as a wizard at this level.

10. Hiv0r
    Chameleon Skink

Hiv0r New Member

My two armies I play are brets and lizards so maybe I can help here:

1. Skink priest will be great the signature spell, re-roll 6's and uranians thunderbolt will be great at this level.

The first two spells i mentioned will force bretonnian knights to suffer from 'rubber lance syndrome' which is when they miss on the charge, if you can force this all of your troops should win on the grind.

2. Camo skinks are probably overpointed at this level so I would look at dropping them to bolster up your other units.

Look at taking:

lvl 2 skink priest, plaque of tepok

15 Saurus Warriors, Handweapon Shields (parry will be good against lances)
    16 Skinks 2 Kroxigors, Musician

1 Salamander

If that is too many points then drop the skink kroxigor unit for as many skink skirmishers with blowpipes as you can get.

11. icecool208
    Skink

icecool208 New Member

btw forgot to mention he has a fay entrantress i thinks thats what its called