1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS First attempt at 2k List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by spikevash13, Jul 26, 2021.

1. spikevash13
    Jungle Swarm

spikevash13 New Member

So I'm getting back into the game and was wondering if this list is decent, it is decently priced (can use both starters) and has models I like (essentially all models lol). I am unsure on the grand strategy though beast master seems decent, I have NO idea how to do battalions, I imagine I am missing out on artifacts or something from that?

Main question I guess I have is should I change anything? Like are that many skinks too many? Is the guard worth it? Are those good spells/loadouts? Like I'd like to have a stegadon, but it could be engine of the gods maybe? idk I would have to buy some saurus if I did that (tho the starting seraphon have 12 if I roll that). Heck even crying to change it to fangs somehow would work. I kinda just want/like this mixed arms style list, but it has lots of monsters so thunder seemed best

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Mortal Realm: Ghur
    - Grand Strategy: Beast Master

- Triumphs:

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (215)
    - General
    - War Spear
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration

Skink Priest (80)
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    Skink Starpriest (130)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Slann Starmaster (265)
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (75)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (75)
    10 x Skinks (75)
    5 x Saurus Knights (110)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (110)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)
    Stegadon (265)
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow

Units
    1 x Salamander Hunting Pack (120)
    1 x Salamander Hunting Pack (120)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)

Total: 1990 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 119

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

This list doesn't look bad, definitely worth getting some games in and seeing how it feels. The only thing I would probably change if you wanted to keep it similar to this is swapping the steg to an Engine and making it the general, prime warbeast is better on a steg than the carno. I would probably also run 2x5 chameleons instead of the salamanders, they're good for battle tactics and add some utility that thunder lizard lacks

3. spikevash13
    Jungle Swarm

spikevash13 New Member

Oh cool, I think I'd be fine with the Steg to an Engine for sure. Still means I have a Steg!

Do you think the skinks should be in a large bunch (like 1 of 30?) unsure folks thoughts on that as I have enough battle line
    Also do you think the guard are worth it? unsure what they'd swap with, but yeh (I mean many options exist just unsure which)

Also a maybe dumb quesiton, how do folks decide battalions? Like it could all be the same one, but I notice many use multiple

4. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Since you have a priest and starpriest in the list running the skinks as one unit of 30 could be good for buffing purposes. The tradeoff is you can't spread them in 3 different areas of the board and they're more susceptible to battleshock. Guard are never really a bad choice, they just add 10 wounds to your slann and are relatively cheap. As for battalions, I always look to get at least one extra enhancement since we have a lot of good artifacts available, and we can write lists that really don't mind taking the first turn of the game, so I don't care if my opponent is 1 drop and chooses who goes first. We have plenty of screening units available to protect from alpha strikes if they go first and we also have good shooting and magic to use if they make us go first so I'd rather get some extra artifacts using warlord or command entourage battalions. Hunters of the heartlands is also useful for anything that doesn't fit in the other two