1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS First ever Seraphon army 2K Thunder Lizard

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Tobi131313, Nov 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

Hello everyone,

I have decided to start playing Age of Sigmar and my first army is gonna be Seraphon, now i already have a draft of a (in my opinion) good army, but i need advice on the final big decision.

The question is, should i throw out the Astrolith Bearer or the Skink Starseer for the final 140 points needed to include the Oracle. The Astrolith Bearer gives my Caster (in this case only Kroak) +6" to his spells aswell as +1 to cast. The Skink Starseer would give me an additional command point on a 4+ in my Hero phase and has his Unique spell which gives +/-1 to save depending if it's friend or foe. Another option is to get rid of the Oracle and get another bound Endless Spell, the Umbral Spellportal. Then this List would be exactly 2K aswell. All help and critique is very much appreciated as i'm a newbie when it comes to AoS

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Seraphon) [2,140pts] ++

+ Leader +

Lord Kroak [320pts]: 5. Stellar Tempest

Saurus Astrolith Bearer [140pts]

Skink Oracle on Troglodon [220pts]

Skink Starseer [140pts]: 2. Hand of Glory, Fusil of Conflagration

+ Battleline +

Saurus Guard [100pts]: 5 Saurus Guards, Saurus Guard Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer

Skinks [60pts]: 10 Skinks, Skink Alpha

. Boltspitter, Celestite Dagger and Star-buckler

Skinks [60pts]: 10 Skinks, Skink Alpha

. Meteoric Javelin, Celestite Dagger and Star-buckler

+ Battalion +

Thunderquake Temple-Host [960pts]

. Bastiladon: Solar Engine

. Bastiladon: Solar Engine

. Engine of the Gods: 3. Sacred Stegadon Helm, [The Thunder Lizard] Prime Warbeast, General

. Salamander Hunting Pack

. . Hunting Pack

. . . 3x Skink Handler: 3x Celestite Goad

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance

. Allegiance: Seraphon

. . Coalesced: The Thunder Lizard

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Malign Sorcery +

Bound Endless Spell: Balewind Vortex [50pts]

Bound Endless Spell: Chronomantic Cogs [90pts]

++ Total: [2,140pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

2. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

The cogs and bale wind have no reason to be bound, Generally its only the spells that move that you want bound.
    The cogs also don't really do much for the list, the points would be better spent on a bound burning head to give the bastiladons preroll 1's to hit when next to it. i would say that the starseer is the least necessary part.

Kroak
    oracle
    astrolith

guard
    skinks
    skinks
    skinks

bastiladon
    bastiladon
    engine of the gods

thunder quake battalion
    bale wind vortex
    bound burning head

i think that would be 2000

3. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

I really like your list! I thought the Cogs would be good as another Cast on Kroak would be insane, but i get why that could be too much. With the Salamander Hunting Pack it's exactly 2000 points. So your opinion is to then use the burning head in a supporting roll, instead of going on the attack with it. I would give the feathered cloak to the Oracle, just to make it more survivable and quicker, the two things it needs to do for Kroak to really go nuts. I like the unique spell of the Starseer a lot, but i get your point that the range might be too short to be of use in most matchups.

4. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

The starseer just doest help with the other units there really. Yes feather cloak for the oracle. The bound burning head is used to have in between your bastiladons so they can re-roll 1s to hit.
    If you have 2 CP then fire both bastiladons twice, if you get lucky with 3 then fire the engine twice.
    You will mostly either get a heal, mortal wound attack or summon 10 warriors.

5. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

Wait a second... you can use the same command ability MORE THAN ONCE?! By the Old Ones, that's sounds sooo strong... Thank you for your advice, i will get that list. What spell to use on the Oracle? I thought Hand of Glory, but with the burning head i would already have the reroll 1s to hit. On Kroak i would take Stellar Tempest and maybe change it to Celestial Apotheosis to heal my Monsters up.

6. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Yeah i suppose for that list you would maybe just take tide of snakes on the oracle as more damage

Tobi131313 likes this.
  7. Salamander Tactics
    Skink

Salamander Tactics Member

That's a LOT of spells and artillery, which means LOTS of focus fire. You have to be quite surgical and precise with how you plan your attacks - but if planned right, it can be quite devastating.