1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Fleeing the doomwheel

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Maedhros, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Maedhros
    Saurus

Maedhros New Member

The subject basically says it all. A good friend just got a doomwheel which we've only had one game with but which he loves and I now expect to see every time he sets down his army.

In this game I tossed a unit of skinks at it (mostly to soak up the lightning) but also to try and do some damage. On his turn he decided he wanted to ram into them and charge as that would quickly tear apart the skinks. My question is do I get a flee reaction, and if I do when does it happen, and does he still have to chase me.

Doomwheel's are very weird in this regard as far as I can tell. The text of the doomwheel says just to roll your movement and then move, if you hit an opposing unit then it counts as a charge. This sounds like charges don't need to be declared by the wheel (hence a charge reaction is not declared then either). The Skaven FAQ states both that they don't need LOS to charge and that they must engage the side of a unit which they begin a turn on (hence can't drive around a unit and flank it if it starts in the front).

So, do I get a stand or flee reaction at the time he smacks into my unit? (as in over-running into a fresh enemy) And if I do flee must he try to pursue with the remainder of whatever he rolled to move with?

2. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

I believe that if the words 'it then counts as charging' or something of the like are to be found then you get a charge reaction. After all 'Hold' is a charge reaction as well. ;)

If you decide to flee then it only seems logical that the Doomwheel moves its full movement (the amount it rolled) and if it is enough to catch your unit then you'd be run down.

3. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

If its random movement results in a charge, then you can specify a charge reaction. Wolf is right in that if you flee it will move its full distance rolled(whether he wants to chase or not), and could run down your skinks.

Skink skirmishers work wonders in taking down the doomwheel.

4. kables
    Saurus

kables New Member

I just wanted to add that in 8th the doom wheel will have random move ment.

I am still in a fight weither you can stand and shoot against it or flee.

just my 2 cents dont want to de rail.

5. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I've heard rumors to that extent as well, that you can't flee from compulsory charges. I don't have the book yet, and I'll want to read that section over a few times before I believe that. Seems a bit wrong.

6. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Yah I saw that as well (rumor wise), and that affects the HPA as well. So definitely a rule I will be looking at as my buddy plays skaven.