1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Formations. Piling into your pants. Allocating wounds.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by spawning of Bob, Jul 5, 2015.

1. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Everyone gets free reforms (within their movement allowance) Piling into combat constitutes another reform. Therefore there is much more freedom with tactical use of formations than in 8th (which was really skirmish, horde or bus?)

Ranged unit could stalk as an arc of a circle with the target unit being the centre. Every unit will have a number of "good" configurations to suit circumstances) (maximise shot output, cower behind terrain, block charges / redirection)

If my arc of skinks decide to charge, they change formation as much as they like (within the charge roll range)

If they get charged in arc formation then it's OK. They each pile in 3" towards nearest enemy model and potentially wrap around the unit they are attacking.

OR NOT

Charge formation is an option, so is piling in.

You could charge / be charged by a monster / death star while you are in conga line formation and not pile in. Attacks are resolved against the whole unit, but wounds are allocated by the target unit's player.

If it will be my game turn next, I could allocate deaths to the tip of the conga line (not the rear rank), and suddenly I am not in combat anymore. I can move freely as usual on my turn.

If it is the enemy turn next, I could choose to allocate deaths to my rear, leaving a lone skink (or whatever) within 3" to block his movement phase (if the skink survives the hero / magic phase) and his next charge (if he survives shooting). Either way, the lone skink has changed the enemy's game plan for at least one of his phases.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Avak786 likes this.