1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS FoS against Lumineth

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Kakalou1, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Hi everybody,

I don't know why but my topic is often a flop. Maybe is it because the list is perfect ? Aha but I dont think so

So here is my 2000 points against Lumineth but no Teclis or Kroak but with 3 artefacts
    The shining compagny is an issue for skink shooting ? I was planning to go with priest CA + All out attack to stay in 4+ with hand of Glory + serpent staff for 60 shoots
    Not sure how to deal with avelanor btw, hoping the skink chef on steg could deal with it but the rend will be complicate
    The general is a scar vet with fnp 5+ to hold tour 1 of the sentinelle
    I Said to my friend that my list is a 7/10, how would you rate it ?

Any advice are welcome

2. 2Hands
    Skink

2Hands Member

General advice:
    You can copy the list from Warscroll Builder if you click on the question mark besides the download arrow and then use the copy button. At least for me, it's far easier to wrap my head arround your list if I dont need to open it as a picture. ;)

Besides that I need to think about this, don't have the time right now so I will post something tomorrow, promise!

Kakalou1 likes this.
  3. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Thank you very much for the tip
    Here is my list :

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek
    - Grand Strategy: Beast Master
    - Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (215) in Warlord
    - General
    - War Spear
    - Command Trait: Old and Grizzled
    - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
    Stegadon with Skink Chief (305) in Warlord
    - Artefact: Sacred Stegadon Helm
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow
    Slann Starmaster (265) in Warlord
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Skink Priest (80) in Warlord
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    Skink Starpriest (130) in Warlord
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (150) in Warlord
    - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger

Battleline
    30 x Skinks (225) in Warlord
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    - Reinforced x 2
    20 x Skinks (150) in Warlord
    - Reinforced x 1
    5 x Saurus Guard (115) in Warlord

Units
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240) in Warlord
    - Reinforced x 1
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (115)

Total: 1990 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 120

Tyranitar likes this.
  4. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

I like this list, looks pretty good. I would suggest a few minor tweaks.

- make the slann your general, you should have plenty of cp so the 3+ on the saurus isn't really necessary. Instead you get an extra d3 summoning points which is even better than it used to be, and you can give the slann the command trait to reroll a casting or unbinding roll each turn which is great.

-the cloak of feathers is far superior to the stegadon helm, especially now that the +1 save doesn't stack and its super easy to give the steg chief a few +1's to save with all out defense, Finest Hour, mystic shield, armored crest, etc. to negate some rend.

I might try a similar list soon, I like the steg chief and I think they'll be great in starborne as well as coalesced. The one thing I don't like for coalesced is bravery 5 which makes heroic recovery very unreliable, but that gets fixed here nicely

PabloTho, 2Hands and Kakalou1 like this.
  5. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Thank you very much for your return
    It was a Big hésitation about the general finaly I choose this one because I am affraid the Slaan would not like the sentinelle but you are right 17 wounds are enought to tank the 30 sentinelles shoot at least for 1 turn

What about the command trait ? I thought it was obligatory to take Old & Grizzled when you choose FoS ! That's a very good New

You are right also for the artefact on skink chef I will change.

An Idea on How to deal with Avelanor ?

What rate would you give to that list ?
    I thought about a 8/10 when my opponent have a 6/10 I am thinking maybe take off the salamndres for kroxigors and cameleon to pass to a 6/10

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  6. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

I feel like you don't have enough monsters to take beast master.

As for old and grizzled, you only need that if you take a sarus general, if you take another general, you can take whatever you like

Kakalou1 likes this.
  7. 2Hands
    Skink

2Hands Member

I really like the adjustments Tyranitar suggests and Blitzkriyg makes a good point too. With some Summoning you should be able to get the Grand strategy: Predator's Domain. As far as I can see your list has all the tools it needs to bring some pain.

Tactic's: I can't tell you mutch from experience, since I'm a new AoS player myself, but some thoughts I made.

For Avalenor normally you would want to kill his Stonemage and then punch Avalenor into a lower bracket to make his swingback lackluster... but with the Ghur CA he can swing with full bracket for 1cp, there's maybe no good answere for Avalenor. That's often the problem with models that cost 400+ points, on the other hand he invest mutch into that. With a move of 6" he's somewhat slow, try to outplay him on the table and strike when he overreaches.

Angainst Sentinels you can put out some serious damage with teleported Salamanders and your Chameleon Skinks, same really for any squishy Caster Hero if he doesn't screen them.

Watch out for his special ability's almoste everything on his roster has some, Wardens for example can bring some pain with their Moonfire Flask's at a clutch moment and drop a model far more the nyou expected.

Kakalou1 likes this.
  8. Tyranitar
    Terradon

You're only required to take Old and Grizzled as your command trait if you choose a saurus as your general. I think 7/10 is pretty accurate for the list, there's other options you could take that are nastier like more salamanders or gotrek. Looking at Avelanor's warscroll it doesn't look too bad. He has a good armor save and a 12" bubble that gives -1 to hit so I'd recommend dealing with him with skinks that can shoot for outside the -1 to hit debuff range and deal mortal wounds to bypass the save. Salamanders should work fine as well but will be affected by -1 to hit. If you can weaken him with shooting and some spell damage with the slann casting comet, the steg chief should finish him off no problem with a charge and some buffs. Fully buffed I'd estimate the chief would do about 8 damage, didn't run math on that it's just my rough estimate. Avelanor can use the Ghur command ability to fight at his tip bracket, and also if he is within 12" of a stonemage he fights at top bracket so be aware of that, his melee attacks don't have much rend but they hit like a truck at 5 damage each so be aware of that. I think if they're not using Teclis you will dominate the magic phase pretty easily, so keep an unbind for power of Hysh on the sentinels which will really neuter their output. If you have any other questions let me know!

Edit: I'm at work so some of this may be redundant, didn't have a chance to read the other replies

Kakalou1 likes this.
  9. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Thank you all for the return, this community is awesome ! I will play sunday and make a battle report to give you a feed back after all the advice I receive !

So Slaan Général and reroll for command trait with the goal to dispell sentinell spell for MW & speed of Hish for Avelanor. Stellar tempest on the 30 sentinelles Can be juicy

Chef Steg with cloak of feather to deal with a tired Avelanor (the 3+ save easy to pass on 2+ make me doubt about skink efficiency because I fear that he will take first turn and snipe skinkpriest) 60 shoots without rend against a 2+ save look like a waste of ressources - still have to think about that point ! I could try a ballzy charge with Astrolith bearer with his god artefact but look like a desesperate move aha

Carno target the sentinell with fly to go over screen

Salamandres & cameleons for sniping cathalar first and then stonemage

And will try to invocate Kroxigors because I love their proxy

WE will see the différence between the plan and the dice ahaha

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Tyranitar and 2Hands like this.
  10. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Double post sorry for the mistake

11. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Sorry messir, nothing goes by the plan !
    I dispelled nothing! Astrolith & Starpriest were shoot t1 and Avalanor charge T1 the Scar-Vet with speed of Hish and unbuff skink are a joke for him
    Total Eclipse passed, and hurt me also during my double turn
    Only salamander did their job, I still need to learn

12. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Hopefully you learned a lot!

Kakalou1 likes this.
  13. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

I tried a rematch with a fail again unfortunately !
    Fun fact did you know that Teclis win in 1vs1 in cac against the Dread Saurian ? I didnt aha

14. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Hi Everybody,

It's Time for rematch and revenge !
    I will play againt Teclis, Cathalar, Lyrior and 30 sentinelles
    M'y second match up will be against Archaon Kairos.

What do you think of :
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek
    - Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
    - Triumphs: reroll wound

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (430)
    Engine of the Gods (265)
    - General
    - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
    - Do know which command trait take
    - Curse

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (150)
    - Serpent dag
    Skink Starpriest (130)
    - hand of glory
    Skink Priest (80)
    - heal

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)
    30 x Skinks (225)
    - Reinforced x 2

Units
    10 x Chameleon Skinks (230)
    - Reinforced x 1
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240)
    - Reinforced x 1

Total: 1980 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 116
    Drops: 10 but no just 5 with one warlord bataillon and one battle régiment

My main goal is to beat Lumineth, god know how much I dont like them aha
    The 10 guards are here to let Kroak survive T1 because my opponent will take first turn I 'guess.
    Thé skinks and cameleon will be téléport and take the 2 side while salamander will support Kroak in thé center with Eotg. I would like to aim sentinelle but not sure I have the tool for that, I must block, how ?

Any advice are always welcome