1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS FoS Trog Test List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by chefofwar, Sep 25, 2020.

1. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

Have played 3 games online with a scar vet in place of the below trog. It hasnt done much beside make my opponent commit a lot of stuff to killing it in a turn... That is probably due to me still learning its role in the army, but I for my next game I wanted to give the Trog a fair shake... gut feeling is it just gels better with the skink/magic list... on paper I know the scar vet can put out far more damage in melee

Also trying out the predatory spells instead of a spell portal, geminids and purple sun. Purple sun seems like something an opponent cant ignore, but geminids could be sneaky damage with folks focusing on other things

seems to be a new MVP each game,
    game 1: steg (vs chaos knights? dont know main army name)
    game 2: bastiladon (nurgle fly drones)
    game 3: krox and slann( comets call was destroying units) (beastmen slan demon)

This list doubles comet call output, gets more summoning points (usually bring on salamander and or skinks), and lets the trog still provide that "what if" fear while also being able to dish out range damage. could also buff the trog with the steg CA if I had a spare point lying around and it was a tight combat

could be a total snooze fest too...
    • Fangs of Sotek
    • Slann Starmaster (260)General - Spell : Walk Between Realms
    • Skink Oracle on Troglodon (220) Artefact : Serpent God Dagger
    • Skink Starpriest (120) Spell : Hand of Glory
    • Skink Priest (70)
    • Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
    • Stegadon with Skink Chief (250) weapon : Sunfire Throwers
    • Kroxigor (140)
    • 40x skinks (240) Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    • 10 x Skinks (60) Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    • 10 x Skinks (60) Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    • 5 x Saurus Knights (100) Lances
    • Bastiladon (220) Weapon : Solar Engine
    • Extra Command Point (50)
    • Bound Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (70)

Grotpunter and LizardWizard like this.
  2. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Keep in mind you can only cast 1 Comet's Call a turn, no matter how many warscrolls have the spell.

If you are planning to run a Trog, I would 100% either get a Kroak or proxy him. Being able to cast Celestial Deliverance through the Trog anywhere on the table is pretty big imo and is what makes the Trog reasonable in the first place.

Putzfrau likes this.
  3. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

mmmm learned something new... that changes things... I will see about trying out the dead kermit.

4. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

the oracle is most effective with kroak as it allows for better and easier use of his aoe spell. i don't think the scar vet has too much of a role for starborn lists. the saurus heroes are good for their command abilities more than anything else. you'd use the scar vet to buff a unit of knights or warriors and then maybe throw him into combat if there are some light armoured low wound units.

5. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

This. You'll probably won't make a lot of use of Troglodon's ability with a Slann. You have Comet Call with both and you can only cast it once per turn.

What do you think abou this list?

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (320)
    - General
    - Spell: Walk Between Realms

Stegadon with Skink Chief (250)
    - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger
    - Weapon: Sunfire Throwers

Skink Oracle on Troglodon (220)
    - Spell: Tide of Serpents
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (70)

Battleline
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

Units
    3 x Kroxigor (140)
    - 1x Moonhammers

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (220)
    - Weapon: Solar Engine

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Bound Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (70)
    Extra Command Point (50)
    Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 123

To be honest, I would try to fit a battalion if you play 2000pts. Less drops, extra artifact, so you could give the Oracle the Cloack of Feathers, and a extra command point.

I put Kroaq as your General so you get Celestial Conjuration Points (CCP) at the beggining of the turn. Balewind Vortex allows you to cast an extra spell, the one you dont cast to get more CCP. You get 1D3 because you have a Slann as a General, another 1D3 per uncasted spell from a Slann and/or Oracle and another D3 for you Astrolith Bearer.

The Artifact is now in the Chief's hands, as he'll be melee and your Oracle should avoid it. Tide of Serpents on your Oracle in case you dont want to get more CCP and you've already used Comet's Call with Kroaq.

EDIT. I'd say to fit a Temple Guard unit somehow. They make a Slann 10 wounds healthier.

6. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

Yeah I know Kroak is the better option for any and all spell casting... I personally tend to try and not use him just cause it seems like an auto include? Lore wise, way more Slann than multiple kroaks... that kinda thing.

Firstly, I am gonna try out some of these endless spells, then try out using kroak in place of the slann. Just mess with a couple variables at a time.

Perhaps it will depend what sort of event I am attending and what expectation I would like to achieve for a slann vs kroak choice.

7. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

I mean you do you - If there is a specifc model or unit you really like/enjoy, go for it. The Troglodon is just rather useless all around IMO if the goal isn't to channel Kroak's spells through it. As mentioned you cant cast multiple instances of Comet's Call, so if you have a Slann/Kroak it cant cast it's warscroll spell. It is a Skink Wizard so you can pick a lore spell like Hand of Glory (you already have this on the Starpriest) for the Skinks or maybe Tides of Snakes for hordes, but other than that its just 220 points sitting around doing nothing - The ranged attack is lackluster and the melee profile is not scary. The Slann cant cast Endless Spells though the Troglodon either. So all in all I just dont see what the purpose of the Troglodon will be on the table for you except to give you D3 summoning points.

Again, if you want to roll with it, go for it man.

8. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

yeah I will try out a variant of the suggested list with Kroak in charge. see what happens.

Sidebar: does Warscroll builder have an error for the trog? is not a drop down for selecting a spell.

9. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Its an error. The skink oracle can pick a skink lore spell. Must not be listed as a wizard on warscroll builder