1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Going Skink heavy!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Stugmeister, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Hi guys,

After having a good look through the book and watching a few videos I've decided to go Skink heavy with my army. As I mentioned on my intro thread when I joined, I'd always wanted to do Lizardmen back in the WhFB days but never got round to it. In fact, I was very tempted by the Southlands list that was an option, hence Skinks!

So last night I made the jump, ordering bits left right and centre. I've got the Start Collecting Skinks box on the way as well as three boxes of twelve Skinks, then twenty one painted dudes plus an additional star priest coming from the FB Marketplace.

Methinks I'm going to have to get meself some more contrast paints and undercoat...

2. glimpse
    Skink

glimpse Member

Have a good time! I was in the same situation 2-3 months ago and they were a lot of fun to paint. Contrast paint works great on lizard skin.

My post in the art gallery shows skinks with terradon turqoise, if you need an example.

LizardWizard and Stugmeister like this.
  3. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Thanks Glimpse! :)

I'm aiming to paint them mainly Akhelian Green, with Ultramarines Blue scales and orange warpaint.

I've been reading that Skinks are pretty impressive with the amount of attacks get with larger numbers, so intend to focus on large units. I intend to back these guys up with Star Priests, Terradons, Kroxigors and a Bastiladon.

LizardWizard and glimpse like this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

yeah its the exact opposite of the designed meta of 40k with the introduction of blast weapons lol.... my poor tyranids lol

5. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

If you're running a small Starborne force of 500/1000 points I'm guessing two units of Skinks are the best way to go to give some flexibility? Obviously as many Skinks in each unit as possible.

Should I go for them all shooty with boltspitters and star bucklers, or should one unit be geared up for close combat?

I my mind I thought of two big shooty units buffed by Star Priests, with Terradons running amok. Can this work?

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Boltspitters/Star-Bucklers all the way. The other weapon options are highly specialized and not worth it at the beginning, and even with a huge collection they would be mostly for the lolz anyways.

Terradons work, but Ripperdactyls do too. In the longer term, you probably want at least six of each anyways. And they are both great models.

7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to the Skinks! Glad you decided to take the plunge. Best of luck in your hobbying.

Stugmeister likes this.