1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from Dwarfs/Lizardmen enthusiast

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wyvernaarch, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Wyvernaarch
    Skink

Wyvernaarch Active Member

Greetings, fellow players!
    I've been reading the forum for several months, but decided to register now in order to join this wonderful community. The 7th and 8th editions of WHFB were my first steps into wargaming, albeit with regular Dwarfs as they seemed better counterpart to my friend's army of Orcs and Goblins. However, as my fascination with creatures of tooth and scale grew only stronger, I've started collecting Lizardmen as well. In fact, they were my first choice of an army for the Age of Sigmar!
    But first edition of AoS did not appeal that much to me, so my lizard warriors found their place in Kings of War, both as Salamanders and Forces of Nature. I also started to kitbash different miniatures for Dungeons and Dragons as dragonborn and lizardfolk PCs and got some pretty satisfying results.
    I guess I'm more of a collector than player nowadays (with lockdown and the likes of it), so my contribution would be more in lieu with hobby stuff. I think time will tell.
    P. S. Sorry for imperfect grammar, English is not my native language. Hope it doesn't come as a hindrance!

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!!!

I also came up through WFB (starting in 6th edition) and this is still my drug of choice as I have not gone over to the dark side (AoS).

All that aside, there are a lot of hidden treasures on the forum where you can find painting advice, rules and tactics for all types of lizardment and (as you posted earlier) a blossoming area for other 8th edition armies!

Enjoy!

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Looking forward to see some of your D&D kitbashes ;)
    Have fun at the forum

Grrr, Imrahil

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard! For anything you may need or even to clarify simple doubts, just ask!

Not a problem, I assure you. ;)

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

[​IMG]

We are happy to accomodate Lizardmen, Salamanders, and Seraphon here. Dwarves too, they are fun at parties.

@Wyvernaarch When you post these pictures, please flag me so I can see them!

6. Krai’kotak
    Skink

Krai’kotak Member

the dawi are cerntainly interesting beigns, fellow brother enjoy and welcome to the forums

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Hello there @Wyvernaarch, we meet again after your correction in the ‘Best Combat Unit In All Of Warhammer’ thread. No wonder you’re so sharp on Hammerers, you’re a Dwarf player too! A big welcome indeed to you, fellow Son of Grungni! :oldman: Did you by any chance start with Battle for Skull Pass, still the best boxed game GW ever made?

Despite Lustria being a Lizardman forum, there are several other Dwarf players here who also like to discuss the Dawi and their descendants, the Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords, including myself and @Killer Angel who has already greeted you.

Which reminds me, I should create a special thread for Dwarf discussion, as there’s now a suitable section of the forum for it! (Other Armies Discussion)

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  8. Wyvernaarch
    Skink

Wyvernaarch Active Member

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Hope to start thread with my hobby projects soon.
    @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Yeah, royal guardians delivered quite a punch in my games! And you tend to remember their grudges knowing their bitter history with Grobi and ratmen. As for Skull Pass, no, I actually started the army with a Daemon Slayer and a box of Dwarf Warriors. However, I got the better part of that set several years later.