1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

In fairness, here it had consequences, and loads of them die in the pursuit of perfection (see the article about the spirits and how they drown if they're not worthy..). They're not just mary-sues, at least not yet.

Now if in that new Teclis book they end up dominating everything, then it's a faction of mary-sues :p

2. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Wait, there is more:

This has to work as a teaser for The Old World too. And that's what I am most excited about.

Floodgates open. Any new faction is fair game now.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

5. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

This sunday, we've got both Slaaneshi and Khainite reinforcements.

And this makes me jelly. They both have really good serpent models:

That Serpent Endless spell is just wonderful. I need it as a Sotek's endless spell.

[​IMG]

As support for the canopy, there is a serpent with 6 eyes. I want something similar for us too.

[​IMG]

For May, we all knew we've got sum Bonesplittaz running rampant on Direchasm, and here is the first one we will meet: Toofdagga:

[​IMG]

I'm gon to kall 'im "Sniktboy".

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

This model is absolute perfection. My favourite GW model of 2020 or 2021 (so far). She is fantastic!

These two are pretty awesome as well...

upload_2021-2-14_0-6-29.png
    upload_2021-2-14_0-6-51.png

The last guy is okay, but nothing to get excited about...
    upload_2021-2-14_0-7-40.png

The Crimson Court is some of the best models GW has released/revealed. I envy the Vampire Count players who can pick up such great additions to their armies for so cheap. It says something that GW reveals two Warhammer Underworlds with direct tie-ins to my fantasy armies (Warriors of Chaos and Lizardmen) and the Crimson Court is by far my favourite. Don't get me wrong, the other two are fine, but this one is easily the best of the lot (in my opinion). I also like this group better than any of the upcoming AoS mortal Slaaneshi models.

I don't play Warhammer Underworlds and I don't collect Vampire Counts (although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to), but I just may have to pick this one up. Just in time for my Birthday too!

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

This Wood Elf does look good, and she’d fit in with Warhammer Fantasy Wood Elves really nicely as a plastic Waywatcher. As a dyed-in-the-wool Wood Elf fan, what does @Mrs. NIGHTBRINGER think?

Also for AoS discussion, the fact that GW stated she’s a Kurnothi means Kurnothi now include regular Elves as well as the deer hybrids in the Beastsgrave set. I wonder if GW will be reinventing Wood Elves in the future?

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

She really liked it, thought it was a beautiful sculpt.

Your guess is better than mine! You follow AoS far more closely than I do and you are much more knowledgeable on the topic. Do you think GW would revive a true Wood Elves aesthetic in a full-scale AoS army?

I suppose you aren't a fan of the awesome new Vampires in the Crimson Court Warhammer Underworlds warband? What about the Cursed City as a whole? That Vampire Hunter is pretty impressive.

10. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Nice X-Men comic reference... "SNIKT!"

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That snake is pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of either of the other two.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It would be great if they did, and it seems a shame to just leave tidbits like the Underworlds Warband and this new archer without a full-blown new Wood Elf Faction (especially as Wood Elves, alongside High Elves and Dwarfs were both treated disgracefully with the stupid Cities of Sigmar release), but I’m concerned that after they release the Malekith Elves as Dark Elves 2.0 they might stop making new factions and that these concepts will be wasted. I’ve also been hoping that they reinvent the ordinary Goblins to be a Hobgoblin-style army of Wolf Riders like the Rippa’s Snarlfangs warband.

You guessed it, I’m not keen on the Vampires personally, especially as there’s going to be a whole faction based around them (which is pointless given Legions of Nagash is Vampire Counts 2.0), but I’ve had an interesting thought that they could be used as decently accurate plastic versions for the four main playable Vampire named characters in Warhammer Fantasy - the female Vampire is obviously Isabella, the male Vampire with the sword could be Vlad, the bald one would make a good Mannfred and the one with wings would make a decent Konrad because he looks (quite literally) batshit insane and his wings are akin to Konrad’s bat cloak.

That at least is something about them I can respect.

The Vampire Hunter I agree would make a good plastic Witch Hunter model for Empire, which is nice for them because the previous model was Finecast and is no longer made.

Cursed City as a whole I’m not keen on much either (mainly because it’s more Vampire Counts and no Tomb Kings :(), I’m only interested in seeing who the short figure in the trailer is - whether he’s a Fyreslayer, a Kharadron or a Dwarf from a potential new faction.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm not sure that they will ever stop making new factions. New factions seem to drum up the most hype. I can picture them axing old armies before I see them moving away from the release new ones.

Yeah, this is a dream release for VC players. 4 beautifully sculpted VC special character models for one relatively low price.

The only thing keeping me from picking up a VC army myself is that I've reached my four army limit.

For the longest time, that's what I was hoping for. I finally gave up on GW doing so and went the Mantic route (a good suggestion by you).

That's true!

My bet is on Kharadron.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Four army limit eh? Is that a limit you've imposed on yourself or a limit the Mrs has imposed on you? ;)

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

My own. Not sure if I could ever justify having 5 unpainted armies! Plus my Warhammer cabinet only has 4 shelves and I like the idea of having one shelf per army.

I'm not ready to give up on my Lizardmen (who would be next on the chopping block) to pick up a VC army.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Why would your Lizardmen be next on the chopping block? Is that because they're still in production while TK and Chaos Dwarfs are not?

Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I'd like to think this is the case, because reinventing Wood Elves would be great, as would the Wolf Rider Goblins (I don't understand actually why GW didn't create them rather than Sons of Behemat which have just brought the Imperial Knights problem to AoS), and I'd personally like to see a third Dwarf faction to give us a breather from Elves (as well as the FYRESLAYER SECOND WAVE, if you're listening GW!!!!). Plastic Fimir as another Destruction faction would also be cool, because the Forge World ones were allied with Destruction before they were executed. Would bringing back Chaos Dwarfs as a fully-supported plastic faction as well be too much to ask?

Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That does play a role in it. I like the idea that my TK and CD are rare and hard to acquire.
    1. Tomb Kings - I could never get rid of them! Settra does not serve..
    2. Chaos Dwarfs - my current interest. My focus is squarely on them at the moment.
    3. Warriors of Chaos - no way I'm getting rid of my powerhouse army (they are needed to counter-balance my TK)

My order always fluctuates. There was a time where Lizardmen were my favorites, but at the current moment in time the other 3 have them beat.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Be careful what you wish for. If new armies were to start pushing old armies out of existence, you could quickly find that one of your favourites are next on the chopping block. I can't imagine Seraphon or Fyreslayers being particularly safe in such a scenario. Seraphon have received very little love in AoS and Fyreslayers seem to be one of the least popular AoS armies (from what I have heard).

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I'm very worried about this.

It's mainly because GW gave them such a limited range back in First Edition, and I've been longing for them to give us a second wave, especially now that Slaanesh and Lumineth are getting them so soon after their Battletome releases. If only GW actually gave us a chance to shine, we could do so...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    NIGHTBRINGER likes this.