1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

that warcry terrain is neat

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  2. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates @Cristhian MLR.

-I don't play 40K, but I've been tempted by the look of the Genestealer Cults units for a while.

-Nurgle. That's cool. Personally, I'm rather indifferent to most of the Chaos factions.

-Dungeon Bowl. Another neat flashback.

-I'm surprised that I actually don't mind the Chaos Spider-men. The Barbarians are cool. However, I'm just not a big fan of the sculpts for most of the female barbarian figures. I know that sounds bad, but the poses just look awkward to me. The Conan-esque figure is spot on :D The terrain is busy, but cool looking.

-I guess the holiday teaser is a hint to the battleforce boxes to be revealed.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

You're not alone. I also think they are awful.

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I think the issue might be that they're too similar to the male ones. The only difference is the shirt/binder thing and a slightly different face, but the rest is basicly just a male barbarian. And that combinations just looks slightly weird.

Which is a shame, cuz for example the darkoath queen looks fine. So it's not like they can't do it.

Just A Skink and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.
  5. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

The new Red Gobbo is here:

8TkuINUnJCuPUHux.jpg

Grrr, Imrahil

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Thought that Genestealer Cults were going to get a new codex soon as one of the rumour engine pics was related to them (and indeed is present on their new model), but I'm pretty annoyed that they've moved on from Octarius without giving Tyranids their 9th Edition codex first. If any campaign was to be the perfect opportunity to showcase the new Tyranid codex and any models that would come with it, it would be Octarius, but then GW are pretty renowned nowadays for missing the obvious and buggering up key opportunities.

Indeed in my opinion they've messed up the Octarius lore big-time now by sidelining Tyranids and turning it into essentially another Armageddon-style Imperium Vs Orks conflict, which is a real shame, as probably the best thing about Octarius formerly was that it was almost purely xenos Vs xenos, with the Imperium sitting at the sidelines.

Perhaps I'm losing my touch at dissing armies I don't like, because for once I don't feel an intense dislike for a Nurgle model. Perhaps it's because he hasn't got a gaping hole in his belly with his intestines drooling out all over the place. Perhaps it's also because he'd make a pretty darn good basis for a Slugtongue conversion for Beastmen...

Oh, and called it for Maggotkin being the next to get a third edition tome :D

That terrain is pretty good, though I'm disappointed that the spider tease was just some Chaotic spider worshippers (I was expecting Forest Goblins given shitty Daughters of Khaine got a special Warcry warband), and that they couldn't think of anything more interesting for their opponents than more Conan-style Chaos Marauders with ugly female sculpts when they already had the Untamed Beasts for that role.

Personally I was a little disappointed to see this warband is pretty much the same as the existing Ogre warband, just with a pirate theme and two small creatures rather than one bigger one (the Sabretusk). Still, I imagine Ogre players will love the rendition of the pirate Maneater (one of the army's best sculpts) in plastic. I wonder what our resident Ogre Tyrant @Lizards of Renown thinks?

One thing I am looking forward to is seeing how GW christmasifies a Squig Hopper...

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome to my dissappointment! :p

I don't see how you can put aside Nids in ANY conflict that involves them.

8. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

That's a good idea!

It's okay. I prefer my pirate-hat'ed, anchor-wielding, parrot-gnoblar model though which I have two of (note this is a stock photo, not one of mine):

99810213014_ManeaterPirateNEW01.jpg

9. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I also think that Titan-Forge did Ogre Pirates really well (maybe better?) in their Raid on the Temple of Serpents Kickstarter a couple years back. You can find the models on their site or at their My Mini Factory.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

That last one is pretty good actually.

11. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

New creature for Necromunda: the Khimerix

FLgITwhpZ4NJ9Yuv.jpg

Part Lizard, part cat and add some feathers. The Old Ones are disgusted by this abomination made of their children.

Grrr, Imrahil

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

At least it has a pretty lil bow.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Would make a unique-looking Chaos Spawn, otherwise pass.

Luckily it's for Necromunda and specifically the Eschers who pretty much none of us here care about, so we don't need to worry about it blighting any battlefields we'll play on.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Just A Skink and Imrahil like this.
  15. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

As someone who habitually risks playing against the chem-happy estrogen gang in their local gaming circle, I disagree wholeheartedly. What is fortunate though is that as a brute it must be taken as a hanger-on, and is typically not very efficient in credit use either.

16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Speaking of Necromunda, Van Saar got some more champion models in the works: https://www.warhammer-community.com...ang-into-peak-performance-with-new-champions/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with the paintjob they did for showcasing these models.

As for the models themselves, I'd argue that the cloaked veteran is the better of the two for tabletop gameplay. Lasguns are king in a Van Saar gang, and hotshot laspacks make them even more worthwhile. Personally, I can see myself getting two and changing out the barrel and scope on one to make a long rifle/long las variant for a dedicated sniper model.

Outside of specific builds for the Archeotek and the Arachni-Rig, Van Saar aren't known to be great melee fighters, so the servo claw is kind of wasted on the second model unless the augmek is advanced to WS 3+ or higher. Additionally, unlike most las weaponry in-game, las-carbines and their pistol variants don't have access to hotshot laspacks or infra-sights. In theory, you can still use them to great effect on a gunslinging Archeotek with the Gadgeteer skill and free starting Ocular Cyberteknika at the start of the game, but you better be prepared to pay more than 170 credits for a gimmick in a gang that skews towards las/plas builds.

Of course, conversion projects abound.

Erta Wanderer and Imrahil like this.
  17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I like the van saar, but sometimes they go too over the top.

Yea, what's up with that?

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Maybe it's supposed to be a cute pet lore-wise? So its insane owner likes playing dress up with it?

Imrahil likes this.
  19. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Late this year, but surely still as welcome, we got battleforces!

AoS doesn't have Kruleboyz nor new SCE, an actual surprise, instead, they have no order bf at all, but some of the newest stuff that has put a step on the Mortal Realm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for the 41st but actually 42nd millenium, we have 5 out of 6 banges:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imrahil and Just A Skink like this.
  20. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

I guess this works for someone just getting into playing Soulblight, but as a new Kastelai player who'd only be interested in maybe one or two of the units depicted in this I don't think I'll bite on this one.

Imrahil and Just A Skink like this.