1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Something like this? :p

2. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Starblood Stalkers coming in February:

[​IMG]

Friendly reminder: one of us seriously thought that that staff was NOT for us.

*Laughs hissing*.

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

eh what would it be if not a staff for a skink?

4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

This was fantastic by the way and totally what I was talking about.

Canas likes this.
  5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

The Skink Priest’s OK, but I already have 2 and don’t need another one. I sincerely hope there will be at least one new Saurus sculpt or even a Kroxigor, as an all-Skink warband would be boring.

GW have showcased who the other Warbands are for this season of Underworlds:
    [​IMG]

Ossiarch were an obvious choice for a Warband this season because they’re the only Death faction to currently not have one, April’s warband looks like Bonesplitterz (who were due a Warband after the Beastgrave Destruction Warband was a second Ironjawz one for some inapparent reason) and June’s looks like Idoneth, who I completely forgot about as a faction that was missing a Warband. March’s one, however, is uncertain. I’d guess either it’s our first glimpse of the Umbraneth (though I’d rather see shapeshifting Shadow Daemons as GW originally talked about than simple Shadow Elves) as the Slaanesh Direchasm Warband teased the arrival of Sigvald’s Slaanesh mortal army, or a Cities of Sigmar Warband oriented around the Dark Elf Beastmasters, which would explain the creature skull as their emblem.

6. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Based on the silhouette, do you think this could be some of the "pirate-themed" images that have been teased?

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Ah it does seem to be wielding the right kind of swords.

O, maybe it's malarion's elves. In the last story they released about Morathi the corsairs rebelled against her. So maybe his dark elves stay true to the corsair aspect of the old dark elves with the black arks and what not?

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

it would be weird to have undead pirates only in underworlds with no army in AoS

Just A Skink likes this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Doesn't look undead though, it has hair :p

Just A Skink likes this.
  10. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

March emblem is clearly a Terrorgheist head, but the silhoutte is obviously some kind of Dark Elf.

May is more difficult for me. The eight slices of pizza remind me of the current Hysh Realm, but the colours and adornements, plus the blue, shout "Kislev" to me, but that is impossible...

Just A Skink likes this.
  11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Good call on the swords, but the hair is definitely Elven - it’s long, wispy and flowing, possibly with a top-knot.

You’re right @Canas it could be either that Malekith’s Shadow Elves could be based on the Black Ark Corsairs, or it’s a Cities of Sigmar Warband based on them, as they are part of CoS. It could even be a CoS Warband made up of complete misfits from different races as a crew, with a Black Ark Corsair captain as their leader.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

In Warhammer Fantasy lore the Black Ark corsairs were renowned for wearing cloaks taken from Sea Dragons they had killed, so the skull could link to that.
    May is definitely Ossiarch Bonereapers - the dark blue is prevalent on their models, while the bony emblem is commonplace on their standards.

Just A Skink likes this.
  13. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I hadn't realized it before, but I can see the Terrorgheist skull now. It could actually be pirate vampires. They would be undead and still have flowing hair and full figures (meaning not skeletons or zombies).

Respectfully, I disagree. I know this topic has been debated elsewhere, but I think a group of undead pirates are just the right kind of thing for either Underworlds or Warcry without any "parallel" in AoS proper. Look at the Kurnothi, they don't have a true army in AoS.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

True enough, but i feel it would be a wasted opportunity. ;)

15. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Rippa's Snarlfangs are not part of an army anymore. Mollog's technically alone. Skaeth's Wild Hunt are "Sylvaneth" but they are definitely NOT Sylvaneth.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Yeah, the Wolf Rider Goblins and Kurnothi have Warbands but no army centred around them, instead they’ve been lumped with the armies they fit the best with - Gloomspite for the former and Sylvaneth for the latter - and I agree with @Killer Angel in that it would just be a waste if the concept to give them an Underworlds Warband and nothing else.

@Cristhian MLR Mollog is definitely Gloomspite, as he’s just a slightly smaller version of the Dankhold Troggoth.

As for the new Warband we’re talking about, I’d rather it be Black Ark Dark Elves, we’ve got enough Vampires as it is (especially as GW should have got rid of them rather than Tomb Kings)

17. Killer Angel
    Slann

There's so much truth in this...

18. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

nah i want vampire knights

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I just want vampires that don't follow Nagash....

Killer Angel and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Already got those in the form of Blood Knights

Erta Wanderer likes this.