1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello! newb just here for a good time

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mrsnakedown, Oct 12, 2022.

1. mrsnakedown
    Jungle Swarm

mrsnakedown New Member

God it's been a while since I've been on a forum proper like this lol

Hey everyone :) I got into Warhammer very recently and started painting my own models at the behest of my classic WoW guild, who are a second war Orcish clan based loosely on Fantasy's greenskins. I'm a troll player almost by obligation now so of course they recommended the Lizardmen to me! Loving it so far; I've been a dinosaur guy and an artist since I was very young, so being able to paint my own dinos is directly satisfying the little kid in me.

[​IMG]

(my third painted mini! these contrast paints are really somethin.)
    My playstyle at the moment (hypothetically speaking) leans less towards viability and optimisation and more towards what I think looks awesome on the board - if awesome is a bright purple and green troglodon, so be it! But I play WoW in a similar way, so I could definitely see it sticking into Warhammer as well.

I'm hoping to start playing at my local wargames club once I get my boys painted n ready to go. Planning to make a start on my saurus knights next, but I opted to buy the spray can of grey seer for my base coats rather than the pot and it's been too wet and windy since finishing the trog go outside and spray them down haha

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard, hope you'ìll enjoy your stay! :)

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!!

Great looking Troglodon! looking forward to the rest of your army :)
    feel free to ask questions and join the conversations.

Good luck and have fun in the Jungle.

Grrr, !mrahil

4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Great back story and you’ll find a lot of other Dino lovers on the forum.

Make sure you take a good look around the forum as there are some great threads going. Don’t be afraid to ask questions as we at Lustria Online pride ourselves on having a group of very helpful forumites on pretty much every subject (painting, modelling, gameplay, etc.)

Enjoy!

LoR

Imrahil likes this.