1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BionicRope64, Mar 16, 2020.

1. BionicRope64
    Jungle Swarm

BionicRope64 New Member

Hello.
    So I'm a fairly long time AOS player. I've done a variety of armies over the last few years been Slannesh, DOK and a bit of Ogres
    And while I love my Elves fractions I kinda getting tried of painting skin tones. And honestly, all three those armies have limited number of models issues (and bar the ogres, two of them have a lot thin delicate models) With new contrast paints I'm really really tempted to do Seraphon since I can paint bright jungle lizards.

I'm probably gonna grab the battletome and the Sarus SC box, but I wanna ask couple things:

Since lore kinda important for me. Do Seraphon have personalities? One thing put me off them in fantasy is that I thought they all had now personality just mindless flesh and blood automation.

What do you do for the Resin models? Since there are so many resin models for Seraphon I'm worried they'll be really brittle and break.
    As said I really am thinking about it starting a Lizard army, but these are things holding me back. So some advice would be appreciated.

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

that is a common misconception of saurus they aren't automatons just very single minded war is all they know. but if you put them aside skinks and slann are full people if a little strange by human standards and kroxigor have compation and fondness for skinks they are just dumb. the idea of no personality comes from the fact that all seraphon are zealots wholly devoted to their gods and the great plan but this doesn't mean they are unfeeling just focused.

don't worry about breaking resin it might bend if heat is applied but i've never had one break

hope that all helped and welcome to the jungle

3. BionicRope64
    Jungle Swarm

BionicRope64 New Member

Thank you yeah that does definitely help.
    I'm really looking forward to trying out some lizard folks.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

Resin sucks (because of the casting flash and the warping) but breaking models is not a big concern.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Great!

Make sure you take a good look round the forum. There's great material here (check out fluff section for more concepts on the lizardman pysche) and lots of helpful people to answer any questions.

Welcome to Lustria!

Paradoxical Pacifism and Imrahil like this.
  6. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

7. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Grrr, Imrahil

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome!
    regarding the lore, i get it's a great part of what can be interesting in a faction.

Our lore developed through the years

1) in old Warhammer (WHFB), Lizardmen's lore was a rich and very unique one

2) after the destruction of the old world, we became Seraphon. Being the first battletome, our lore was kinda poor

3) here on Lustria Forum, we already had a largely developed subforum entirely dedicated to fluff and lore; the lack of an official lore for AoS, pushed furtherly the development of our own, rich lore, with a large crop of stories and ideas about religion and culture

4) present day - new battletome is out. Our official lore has been decisely increased (as it was all the lore of AoS on a more wide pov), still leaving plenty of free room for a player to develope a peculiar fluff for his own army, so you should be satisfied.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Aginor like this.
  9. BionicRope64
    Jungle Swarm

BionicRope64 New Member

Well, I finally got the battletome and the Sarus SC box. Thanks for answering my questions folks.

10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

We have a very active fluff forum! (where I spend most of my time on L-O).

When the official lore is lacking, we make our own!

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Let us know if you have any other specific questions about painting, game play, fluff, or anything else!

Lizards of Renown likes this.