1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help with Skink Starpriest

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Touf, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Touf
    Jungle Swarm

Touf New Member

Hello, I have a rules question about the Serpent Staff ability of the Starpriest. My group is relatively new to AoS and we may have been playing this ability wrong. Currently we only apply the mortal wounds if the wound isn't saved. Recently with the addition of the curse prayer granting mortals on hits I've started looking for how this works since it seemed like a lot to keep track of. Do the mortals happen no mater what? Do they only go through if nothing is saved? If its somewhere in the core rules I must've misread it and any help would be appreciated

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

the MW goes threw no matter what and regardless of how the rest of rolling goes.
    the intire point of MWs is that saves don't stop them

3. Touf
    Jungle Swarm

Touf New Member

Thank you for you help. I think we just got caught up on the in addition to text.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Just to add something:
    the only thing that can save you from suffering MWs, are abilities that negate damage once it has been allocated.
    For example, the Astrolith Bearer's ability Revifying Energies, which basically lets you ignore wounds (even those caused by MWs) on a 6+