1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Hero Forge

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Quindominus Rex, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Quindominus Rex
    Jungle Swarm

Quindominus Rex New Member

Hello fellow followers of the Great Plan, esteemed Children of the Old Ones
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips/insight on whether or not it would be worthwhile to brew up a Saurus Hero with a Dread Saurian mount?

2. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

It'd be decently easy to get with the Anvil of Apotheosis rules, though i'm not sure you can choose to have the Dread Saurian's massive base size? It'd be hard to get anywhere near the amount of wounds the dread saurian has too. If you're fine with those two restrictions it seems like a fun character!

Noxolotl and Quindominus Rex like this.
  3. 2Hands
    Skink

2Hands Member

For tabeltop play like a wish that would be? or for looks and style alone as your next big modeling/painting project?

For play our biggest "super" hero is Kroak with 430 points thats a good chunk but still not that high up there with the likes of Morathi, Teclis, Alarielle, Archaon and certanly not Nagash. It would have been a fun thing to imagine that Kroak sit's ontop of a Dread Saurian, even more so if the model had fly, awesome mind powers YEAH!... That of course isn't really a Saurus hero, maybe when we get Kroq-Gar (if we get Kroq-Gar) he will upgrade to a Dread, he would certainly need a longer Spear. :D

A Dread with two Solar Engine's or one "Mega?! Solar Engine" would also be awesome, charging artillery will always find a spot in my heart.

4. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

use an old blood that comes on the carno. add oldblood on foot attack characteristics too the dreads as well.

Noxolotl and Quindominus Rex like this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I mean, you can just keep on adding bonusses using the anvil of apotheosis until you have enough wounds. But it'l probably be horribly priced.

The anvil desperatly needs some more dynamic pricing, as it stands certain combo's are super efficient while others are horribly overpriced due to the destiny points being static and not taking into account synergies between stats.

Togetic likes this.
  6. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

I had my own spiel about this a while back. Long story short, outside of a select few instances, Anvil of Apotheosis will always yield results that will either be more expensive in points than the hero that was intended to be replicated and/or underpowered for its points cost, especially for Seraphon.

This still hasn't changed with the points increases across the board for 3.0.

Also, bear in mind that the Anvil limits how many points you can sink into a custom character: 20 for a "small-time hero", 40 for a "legendary" one. It's more applicable for narrative play admittedly, but it's nothing like the old "up to 50/100pts worth of magic items and/or special wargear" that used to be a fixture in WFB.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Cuetzpal Pilli and Canas like this.