1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RuneBrush, Mar 25, 2022.

1. RuneBrush
    Skink

RuneBrush Member

Well it appears after much contemplation that I'm going to dip my toe into the spawning pool

Introductions first I guess! I've been "in the hobby" for the best part of three decades now, playing a variety of GW systems - Necromunda, AoS, 40k, AI & more. I certainly put myself in the painter more than player category, having done reasonably well in the odd painting competition.

AoS wise I've played/collected almost from launch, firstly with a Khorne army, then Legions of Nagash and Legion of Grief. I'm a mod over on TGA, so can safely say that AoS is one system that I'm fairly heavily invested in.

So why here and why now? Earlier this week it dawned on me that I don't actually have what I'd call an "event" army - so a force that I can take with me to events that's capable of winning a couple of games. AoS3 and the new Soulblight battletome cut my choices to the point where I'm looking at buying completely different undead units to make an effective force, at which point I thought I may as well look at undertaking a brand new project - and here I am! Seraphon ticks a load of boxes, including a completely different aesthetic to paint. A group of us have enjoyed team events in the past and none collect Seraphon and another mate and I have talked about doubles events for ages and he's got a Saurus heavy force - feels like a win win on all counts!

Vedras, Imrahil, Noxolotl and 4 others like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well then welcome to the jungle! if you need anything just let us know we have several long time members that would be happy to help

Vedras, Imrahil, Noxolotl and 2 others like this.
  3. RuneBrush
    Skink

RuneBrush Member

Thanks! I may well take you folks up on that

4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!!!

Great choice of army. Make sure to take a good look around the forum as there's lots of interesting topics.

And sounds like we need to see your painting! Start a blog in the subforum on Painting & Modelling and show off some of your creations!

There are lots of friendly forumites around who will be happy to answer any questions.

Enjoy!

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

An AoS titan emerges onto our forum!

Welcome indeed @RuneBrush! I have had many a happy hour indulging in making custom Warscrolls for my fan-made armies, the Nehekros Imperishables, the Order of the Sacred Lady and the Gloomforest Spawn, with your impressive Warscroll Maker!

Alack you will not see me so much on the AoS side of the forum, as my limit of involvement in AoS barely extends beyond those said fan-made armies and also my thread following Fyreslayers (which has of late mostly degenerated to grumbling on my part, the Dwarf-fan that I am :oldman:), but I still am interested to witness the enlightenment you bring to our AoS community here!

I trust you shall enjoy your stay!

6. RuneBrush
    Skink

RuneBrush Member

Very kind of you to say so! Glad you've enjoyed the warscroll designer! One day (if real life ever eases up!) I plan to upgrade it to one of the newer designs. Needs a rewrite though and a dead hdd means reverse engineering it too ‍♂️

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, with such a presentation from @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, i can only welcome you! (TBH i would have done the same even without it)
    Enjoy your stay. :)

Imrahil, Noxolotl, RuneBrush and 3 others like this.
  8. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

your introduction made me interested to see your paint style ;)
    Have fun with our Lizardboys and on the forum

Grrr, Imrahil

RuneBrush and Bowser like this.
  9. RuneBrush
    Skink

RuneBrush Member

Thanks! Easiest way to see the things I've done is have a quick look at my Twitter account as I tend to post most of my projects up on there. I do have Instagram and Facebook but often forget they exist... https://twitter.com/runebrush

10. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome! :)