1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Crusty Sosig, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Crusty Sosig
    Skink

Crusty Sosig Member

Greetings my fellow lizard lads and ladies!

I decided to finally make and account and start posting on here after lurking for a while, and seeing loads of cool models, conversions etc. from all of you guys.
    I've only been painting for about a year now, and painting our glorious dino dudes for even less so!

At the moment I'm working on a Mordheim warband for some future sessions with my mates. I've got both Warcry and AoS lists to get through too at some point, not to mention I immediately preordered the Starblood Stalkers as soon as they became available!

Also I hope you guys like Monster Hunter, as that's the entire theme of my Seraphon!

2. Crusty Sosig
    Skink

Crusty Sosig Member

So these are the models I've got finished so far. The first is a Rathalos inspired Saurus Brave/Warrior, who I will be using for both Mordheim and Warcry. This guy's actually the first Seraphon model I finished, and I believe might even be roughly my third ever completed model, since starting the hobby.
    20210102_173002.jpg

Here's a Yian Kut-Ku Skink Priest. Another Mordheim warband member.
    20210102_172524.jpg

These three are my Velociprey Skinks, also for Mordheim. The brighter, crested Skink is based off of Velocidrome, the alpha of a Velociprey pack.
    20210306_194852.jpg

This is probably the model I'm most proud of so far. My Tigrex Carnosaur. Just waiting on some Mechanicus Grey for the Oldblood's seat and and can put them all together!
    20210210_215515.jpg

Lemme know what you guys think!

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Always glad to see a lurker come over to the da... this side.
    You mentioned that Seraphon isn't the army you started the hobby with, what more do you have?

I have just recently seen Monster Hunter, kind of liked it, but felt over the top on action scenes.
    I do like your painted models, though. Especially love the Carnosaur, the Blue and Yellow are done very well.

Have fun around and ask any question, I am sure there is someone here who can help you.

Grrr, Imrahil

4. Crusty Sosig
    Skink

Crusty Sosig Member

Thank you for the warm welcome, and I'm glad you like the models!

I actually got into the hobby through a friend of mine introducing me to "Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings", by Para Bellum Wargames. I was aware of Warhammer, both AoS and 40k, so from there it didn't take me long to dive into those two games. I've dipped into Admech in 40k and I pretty much fell in love with the Seraphon as soon as I saw them.

I haven't actually seen the Monster Hunter movie myself though. Was not interested in it one bit after the whole, character from our world are dropped into the Monster Hunter World.

5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Great models!

Make sure you take a good look around as there are a lot of gems hidden throughout the site. Don't feel any question is too dumb (believe me, I've asked plenty). There are lots of helpful people around in each subforum.

Enjoy!

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Sorry for the late welcome.
    Enjoy your stay!

Great models, indeed. :)

7. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

The Great White Lizard Well-Known Member

Wow! That painting is way beyond what I could do. Welcome! I haven't played Mordheim at all and I'm curious as to where you get the rules for seraphon/lizardmen.

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

You can find them online, it was the supplement Lizardmen warband - cities of gold

Imrahil likes this.
  9. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

The Great White Lizard Well-Known Member

Thanks! I doubt I have the terrain necessary but hopefully my collection will improve soonish.