1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi people! New painter here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Noieter, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Noieter
    Skink

Noieter Active Member

Hi all! I've been following this forum from time to time because since I was child I got into the hobby with my lizardmen in Warhammer Fantasy. There are a lot of great tutorials and photos here and now I've decided to present myself and post some of my recent paintings. I'm not a player actually, but I have a lot of minis (typical pile of shame XD) to work on.

So here is one of my recent paintings I’ve finished, the cold ones from the seraphon starter set. I'm a beginner but I've been watching tons of videos and tutorials (and this forum) because I love the hobby but never had the time to begin. Aaan sry for my bad english, it's not my first language :p

P1010051.JPG

And the banner:

IMG_20200725_214942_042.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Your model painting is pretty good! I don't think you can classify yourself as a beginner anymore.

Make sure you make yourself a little posting blog in the right section and keep posting your pic's as you go.

It's a little sad to me that you're not playing anymore :( is there no-one in your area interested? Do you want some help finding a gaming store or club near you?

Otherwise, have fun with the forum! Definitely take a thorough look around as there are a lot of treats (including a poetry and short story contest which you could vote on if you want...)

P.S. Your English is fine

Noieter and Imrahil like this.
  3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

That is some great painting that you have done there. I like the colorscheme of your Cold one's and the fact that you painted the area around the mouth in the lighter Color.

I love the Banner and especially the eye, very well done:artist:

Grrr. Imrahil

Noieter likes this.
  4. Noieter
    Skink

Noieter Active Member

Thanks for the welcome people! I'm not playing actively because it's difficult to meet with the 2 or 3 friends that still plays, but from time to time we play to try some new game like Shadespire or something like that. Usually we meet in a local store but now that we all have jobs, family to care and more responsibilities is more difficult. Well, at least, we keep meeting to play something from time to time :p

I'll make a post to upload my progress is a great idea to keep myself painting miniatures. Thinking to post first the progress of the cold ones that I have in the phone. Also, I have recently done an account on Instagram, but = don't know if I can post a link here or maybe on the blog.

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard!

I see on ebay so many models, listed as "beautifully painted", that don't hold a candle to your... beginner level. Kudos to you, that banner is lovely!

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member