1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Higher state of consciousness

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Morglum, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Morglum
    Chameleon Skink

Morglum Well-Known Member

Right as the title suggests, did anyone ever tried this? I'm eager to test it out, but losing the ability to join units is holding me back.

So if i pick this discipline, i think my slann would be at the back of my deployment zone and ideally not engage in any part of combat. He would be my heavy magic user at the back, maybe getting in rage with some skink priests.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I've never used this as, for me, he's usually in the thick of the action as BSB with my Temple Guard who become Stubborn. They usually do some serious damage.

If you run it, use Arabyan Carpet.

Morglum likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

A Slann can't be given the Arabyan Carpet, because a Slann is not considered to be a model on foot.

Under the Mage-Priest Palanquin rule it states "Additionally, while they have the troop type Infantry, they are never considered to be 'models on foot' for the purposes of spells, magic items and special rules" (Lizardmen AB, page 31)

The Arabyan Carpet rules states: "Infantry or monstrous infantry models on foot only" (BRB, page 505)

Morglum likes this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I stand corrected.

Shows how much I use that build! All it takes for the Slann to get mullered is for a unit with ranks to charge it (as it is also subject to the Unstables special rule).

NIGHTBRINGER and Morglum like this.