1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How About An Events Tab?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Rekmeister, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Rekmeister
    Skink

Rekmeister Member

Hello,
    I know I only have a handful of posts, but I'm not a scrub. I'm a big fan of the Lord of the Rings game, and I remember forums for that game had an events tab where we'd promote upcoming tournaments, and now there's a really healthy tournament scene here in the UK for that game, we even have a league!

I'd really enjoy something similar for AoS - the game is great and a thriving events scene will only help it. It'd also an excellent way for all the different game balancing systems to be experienced first hand by many members of the community.

2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

I like this idea, but there needs to be something very organised to find specific events amongst all the clutter some people won't need (I would only be interested in stuff in the Netherlands and not the 100 events in the States or UK for example)

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like the idea but would have to be separated by country, state/province and city. I suppose you could post upcoming events in the general hobby section though.

You would almost have to have the posts auto delete a week after the event just to keep things clean though.

4. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

It would also be really nice to have something similar for the forum contest. I'm still finding it hard to find them after they get buried a little. I know there is a tag but it would be nice to have a central location.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

the local contest are on the animated bar near the top of the page. ;)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

I have no animated bar :( I managed to close it a while ago...kinda forgot about it XD

7. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Not a bad idea, the main issue from the management part of the side is making certain a list like that is updated and correct. In addition it is a feature that has to be added to the forum.

If we get enough requests for this, we will consider adding it on a forum update later this year.