1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How are you handling Krondspine lists?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Jason839, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Top 3 lists from the Storm of Magic GT lists had Krondspines. Top place was stormcast with dragons and krondspine, while 2nd and 3rd were Sons of Behemat with Krondspines. I believe the stormcast dodged seraphon but both Sons faced seraphon thunder lizards and beat them pretty handidly.

So Krondspine lists may be on the rise. Usually in monster heavy lists. How are you all dealing with Krondspines?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I haven't actually been unlucky enough to fight one yet, but they certainly sound like they would be tough to deal with.

They play well until the kind of castle strategy you usually see with Thunder Lizard. Whereas something like a Mawkruska that rushes headlong into your screens can be reliably shot or counter-charged off the table, a Krondspine simply loses a level and keep coming with only marginally less potency.

My inclination would be to ignore it and focus down their other threats. I actually see a few Arks of Sotek being used nowadays and I think situations like this is where they come into their own. For 165pts, an Ark Basti is well capable of holding back a Krondspine for a couple of turns - maybe more if you hand him a few buffs to keep him healthy. The downside is that the Krondspine gets stronger if he actually manages to kill it...