1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get any motivation going?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Sorry for the vague post here guys, as I wont write out all the details of my life on the internet.

That being said:

I'm dealing with the lingering tail end of my bout with covid and waiting to test positive.

My personal life is "single when I don't know how to be single."

I have money concerns, as I'm sure we all do and understand.

And a close family member just got admitted to the hospital.

I've had no motivation to paint or do anything for myself, anything at all, for a week now.

This is all first-world-problems complaining, I realize that. I'm terribly vexed by it all though.

Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You may be a bit burnt out. It's okay to take a few days off, not just from the hobby, but from work and everything else.

Outside of visiting your family member in the hospital, when you can, just to take some time to be outside, get some exercise, and connect with some friends. Cliché advice I know, but it does help.

Find a new recipe and cook or bake something, grab a coffee and play some cards or chess with a friend. Walk around a pond or lake, or hike around some woods. Put the phone or computer away for a bit, step back from it all.

I hope your relative recovers soon.

Imrahil likes this.