1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How do we build the best 3x Ark of Sotek Basti list? - 2K

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Joshua Horchler, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Ever since I saw Chris Welfare's 2.5K list go 4-1 at Sydney GT (https://aosshorts.com/sydney-gt-2019/ ) I wanted to try out 3xArk of Sotek Bastis. I think it works better at 2.5K because you get more support units around it, but I think it would be a blast to play something new that other people haven't seen.

I think it could be a fun, collaborative change for all the great people here to help me build "the best" 2K Ark of Sotek list. The below is a super general starting point. Where would you start or how would finish the below list? Looking for creative list options! Maybe add Celestant Prime? :)

LEADERS
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    UNITS
    10 x Skinks (70)
    10 x Skinks (70)
    10 x Skinks (70)
    BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)
    TOTAL: 1550/2000

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

When you say best 2k Arklist what do you have in mind? Most damaging, most survivable, most winning, most fun?

3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

bastis are durable, and the mortals will hurt. run 2 of them in a TQ (170 pts I think) with the EoTG, and throw in 6x razerdons (3 in the TQ) and 3x handlers to round off your points

Joshua Horchler and LizardWizard like this.
  4. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Most winning and something creative. I've seen a lot of "off-meta" builds do well and I think it would be fun to have something that on paper is somewhat competitive but also has an edge when it comes to being something people aren't use to playing against. Hopefully that makes sense.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Thinking outside the box, would you consider any allies? Maybe a block of Seqs as an anvil unit? It then forces your opponent to decide how they want to use their mortal wound output, on Bastiladon's or Seqs? Just an idea. I was looking at some of the foot Paladin units but none of them stood out ot me. I think with allies you want something durable. Maybe even some Libi's?

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Maybe the best 3x Ark of Sotek list is a 2x Ark of Sotek list with double Engines? Lustria, help me out. What do you all think? What are your crazy ideas?

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

In this list you absolutely need 3 things:
    A starpriest
    Chronomantic Cogs
    Soulscream bridge

the starpriest will let you cast one endless spell, the slann wil cast the second one
    Use the bridge and LoSaT to bring your trio of basti at 9" from the enemy.
    Then charge with all of them at 7+ (with a 33% chance of a 6+, with the right constellation), hopefully rerolling with command points and a nearby hero.

Alternatively, with a Thunderquake, 2 of those basti will have a "free" reroll on charges, but i don't know if it's worth the loss of the reroll for saves.

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Yeah I guess Skink Priests can also help with charges. I think I'll try a straight forward TQ list with 2 EoTGS and 2 Snake Bastis (the models i have) and then look to add the 3rd and try some different things from there.

In my meta as well I think I'll start trying some Salamanders instead of Razors. There seems to be more high army going around, especially with the new book.

LizardWizard likes this.