1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. How wide in 8th?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by giant stegadon, Dec 9, 2010.

1. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

Touching off the of the spear/hand weapon thread, I was wondering how wide people are running Saurus now. 20 seems like a popular size for the unit. Anyone have better luck with larger fronts?

2. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

i take my 2 saurus units of 35 in one of 2 formations. either 7 by 5 deep against units with the same 25mm base size, that way against 5 wide the whole front rank still gets to attack. or if against 20mm base units i go 5 by 7 deep for the extra ranks.

Either way with the BSB slaan near by i've never seen them flee, not that saurus make a habit of it anyway.

3. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

for me, saurus are not good enough on the offensive (poor WS, terrible I) to make it worth maximising frontage. I much prefer them on the defensive, especially as they're very unlikely to break if you keep them steadfast (i.e. minimize width, maximize ranks)

if you want to take a wider unit, i'd go with TG, where the higher WS and S can make a big difference.

4. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I go six with my HW Shield guys and 6 with my spears.

5. Bish
    Skink

Bish New Member

Usually go 6x5, but had a horde of 60 in a 3K was great

Samuel

6. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

I run 2x 30 saurus units, 5 wide

7. vapor
    Razordon

vapor New Member

Spears in 6x5 with FC and a Scar Vet. Outside of tourneys (where I run lore of life) these guys are prime targets for my lore of light buffs.

8. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

generally I play with five wide about half the time, the other half is six wide. I would only ever horde the saurus if I was playing a huge game around 3k+ points.