1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I’m new in town…

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Little Camper, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Little Camper
    Jungle Swarm

Little Camper New Member

Hey guys,
    I’m sure you get this a lot but I’m very new to AoS. I started collecting some craftworld eldar for 40k earlier this year, but have decided to make the switch to AoS so I can play with the cool lizard boys. So far I have a start collecting seraphon box along with a box of skinks. I was just curious if I’m able to make a “battle forged” (I think that’s what it’s called) army list with what I have? Or will I need to get a few other things to make at least 500-750 points of an army.
    I’ve seen a lot of 1000 and 2000 point lists online, so I’m not too worried about having to come up with something that big just yet. I’m just looking for some ideas on the lower end of things that are either fun and fluffy or even competitive.
    Anyways, thanks for getting this far and I look forward to the responses :).

Noxolotl, Imrahil, Aginor and 3 others like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

start colecting is always a good start. make sure to build the flyers as terradons and the bastiladon as the sun connon and you should be good at 705 points.
    if you want to expand on your collection then it's always a good idea to grab a slann/more skink heroes. stegadons if you want to roll with the big monsters or skink/salamanders if you want to run foot troops.

3. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

Have a look around at some of the conversion guides for the start collecting kits that people have posted here too, you can squeeze a lot of extra value out of them with some creative use of parts to kitbash things together.

If you got the basic Start Collecting you can make a bunch of heroes and stuff like astrolith bearers out of spare parts, and if you got the Skinks start collecting you can slip a Slann out of the Ripperdactyl toad + making a throne out of various parts

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

First of all, welcome to Lustria!

Indeed, as said, we have a nice tutorial to make the best out of a start collecting box.
    Here it is.

Magic / support. For the moment you'll be fine with a starpriest and a skink priest; when you'll begin to play some bigger game, buy a Slann

5. Little Camper
    Jungle Swarm

Little Camper New Member

Hey thanks for the responses so far you guys! I’ll definitely be looking into these things :).

Killer Angel likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

Little Camper likes this.
  7. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

You can make a battleforged army with just that box yes. Welcome to lustria

Little Camper likes this.
  8. Imrahil