1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I have problems with making a good army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by FuzzyOreo, Sep 22, 2020.

1. FuzzyOreo
    Skink

FuzzyOreo Member

Hello i recently started playing warhammer and i have a problem i dond't know a good strategy.
    I have:
    36 skinks (blow pipes and shields
    3 skink priest
    1 starpriest
    9 saurus guards (lost one)
    3 terradons
    1 troglodon
    1 bastiladon (solar engine)
    1 saurus oldblood
    1 salamder hunting pack
    If you have any ideas please let me know

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  2. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

First off our book is very divided into either Skinks or Saurus, this is because of keywords on buffs (some only buff Skinks and some only buff Saurus, very few buff anything Seraphon) but also because our 4 subfactions (Dracothian's Tail, Fangs of Sotek, Koatl's Claw and Thunderlizard) kinda lend themselves towards one archetype. This basically means you should figure out what kind of playstyle you prefer. Skink is largely magic/shooting but you can also go bigger dinos (Stegadon/Bastiladon) where as Saurus is largely melee focused gameplay.

Once you have figured out if you want the Skink or Saurus route it is easier to help you with a specific list. You need to look into buffing your models as much as possible through synergies, both from subfactions but also spells/command abilities from heroes. Our units are generally rather weak (with a few exceptions) and rely heavily on getting multiple layers of buffs piled ontop of each other.

If you already know what you want to play LizardWizard has made a compilation of his own army lists here, which you can look at for inspiration.
    https://www.lustria-online.com/threads/seraphon-list-for-ghb2020.25034/

FuzzyOreo likes this.
  3. FuzzyOreo
    Skink

FuzzyOreo Member

thx for the tip i am going to look there