1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Time For A Seraphon Army List Forum?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Bainbow, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

When Age of Sigmar first dropped and the Seraphon section was added, the lack of any points system resulted in the decision to not include a forum for Seraphon army lists like Lizardmen and Salamanders have. However, some months on, several points systems have sprung up and are in mass use. Sometimes it's a Wound limit, sometimes it's something like the Azyr comp system (which I have real problems with, but that's a topic for a different time.) So now because of all these systems in place, a majority of AoS games do have restrictions that necessitate army lists.

So would an Army List thread not be valuable for the Seraphon forums?

dwarfepic, Toltecatl and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I completely agree. We have several army lists floating around in the various seraphon forums, and they should be collected for ease of access.

Bainbow likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I totally agree.
    In the end, the systems used for AoS aren't so much. AFAIK the currently most used ones, should be three: Wounds limit (usually in format 50-100-125 wounds), Azyr comp (available in 4 versions: 20-30-40-50 pts) and SDK.
    to keep an army list forum, shouldn't be much more complicated than the old 8th lists, with 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 4000 or 5000 points of armies.

Bainbow likes this.
  4. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Yes. The main problem with wounds is Lord Kroak. Also, no way is a 20 wound behemoth such as Archaon (yes I have been checking out the competition XD) equal to 20 saurus warriors. Also, wizards. They can deal out d3 wounds as a minimum each turn. A new system is needed.

@Bainbow, what is the Azyr comp list? If you really cant even post without raging just link me to somewhere else I can find it. However if you do explain, would you mind citing some of your problems with it so I can understand your point of view?

Toltecatl likes this.
  5. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

It should be possible to add that back we had it initially, but removed it after getting a lot of "heat" from some members since AoS does "originally" not have any army list system other than "bring all your models".

I have not tried AoS myself as noone around me plays it, but is it common to play with some kind of "comp" rules now making the games at least a little more predictable/fair?

6. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Aos is ok, and excellent for character vs character battles as it removes generic rules (mostly) and allows models to be unique. But many (including me) feel that warhammer has lost much of the complexity that it used to have, and is much more a "smallish army v another smallish army" game now. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I personally don't like it much and tend to play 8th gen games with 9th gen stats.

Really its one of those things that you have to try for yourself. The army books are online (in legit pdf format) and so are the basic rules. Have a go, try it out and see how you feel then. Post back to say how you found it - you've got me curious now :-D

7. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Absolutely, I don't know anyone who doesn't play with some balancing system. My place uses the Wound Limit, for example (totally the fairest balancing system, yo.) Honestly the only people who still do the "bring whatever" method tend to have very little tactical know-how, and don't patron this site.

I contest that, my games tend to be quite large.

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Google "Azyr composition system".
    It's a system that assigns a certain amount of point cost to each model (a Slann costs 5 points, 5 saurus warriors cost 2 points).
    You have a limit of hero points, based on total army points, there are limits to summoning, and so on.
    It's not a bad system, but it’s far from perfect.

9. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Oh, I didn't see that question about Azyr comp. My bad, I'm very sorry. Ah well, Angel's answered for me.

Wound Limits are still better though. :p

10. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I was just thinking about this topic the other day, I think we do need an Army List Forum because there are SO many different ways to field an army in AoS and there have also been a lot of people trying to sort out what they should/shouldn't bring together. With synergy being as important as it is, list building is completely necessary.

Whether you're playing with systems or not, list building is still key (almost MORE key than wounds systems just because you are limited in every direction you try to go). For those out there using systems with "summoning pools", they might have some major questions for our forums like "hey here's my army so far, what should I bring for summoning?"

I vote yes for Seraphon Army List Forum =)

Otzi'mandias, Bowser and Bainbow like this.
  11. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

I think its a great idea.

Bowser likes this.
  12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Totally!

Being lucky enough to have a large Seraphon collection I would love to see defensive army builds, aggressive army builds etc etc, not having alot of free time to plan my army out a list would help greatly, combine the list with the already brilliant tactics section you guys have done.

Bowser likes this.
  13. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Tbh I would like to see what you lot think are decent combos, and maybe adopt one or two for myself...

*cackles evilly and pictures the expression on the opponents face when they get smashed*

Bowser and Bainbow like this.
  14. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

The forum has been added.

Sorry about the delay.

n810, Ixt, Bowser and 3 others like this.
  15. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Awesome. Think I'll make two lists when I get back from this party.

Bowser likes this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Horray! :)

(or not? ...it means additional losses of free time. :p)

Bowser and Bainbow like this.
  17. Pritt
    Skink

Pritt Member

I think it should be a kind of guideline forum around "if I have X number of wounds available, what is the best way to spend them if I intend to take Y and Z units".

So basically, more of a synergy forum than a traditional list!

Ixt likes this.
  18. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

I'm late to the party but, this! ^ Exactly this. :) If I post in there, it'll mostly be "regimental"-style lists where the 'regiments' can be combined in larger games.

19. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

I half agree with this, I think that we can do both the lists and the synergy.