1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kroak and allegiance rules

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by N3mesis, Jul 12, 2021.

1. N3mesis
    Skink

N3mesis Member

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question, does kroak benefits from allegiance and sub allegiance abilities ?
    For example does he gets the benefits of scaly skin in a coalesced army ?

Our rulebook says that any unit without the coalesced/starborne keyword will gain it bases on the chosen allegiance, and kroak has none of them...

2. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Rule 27.3.1 in the new Core Rules states that "[e]nhancements cannot be given to Unique units..." But, all is not lost. Because Allegiance abilities are divided (now) into Battle Traits and Enhancements (command traits, artifacts of power, spell lores, pray scriptures, mount traits, triumphs, and unique enhancements--whatever those are), my reading is that he does get the Battle Traits on pp. 55-56 depending on whether you choose Coalesced or Starborne. But none of the pp. 57-61. All of which is to say that as near as I can tell, yep, he gets scaly skin!

3. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

So Kroak would gain whichever keyword based on the allegiance you choose. None of the warscrolls have an allegiance keyword on them, it's always given to them when you choose your allegiance.

4. N3mesis
    Skink

N3mesis Member

The only example of fixed seraphon allegiance I can remember of are the starblood stalkers which are coalesced + thunder lizard.

So there is no core rule, faq or errata preventing kroak to gain the coalesced keyword if he is part of a coalesced army ?
    Because scaly skin apply to all coalesced units, he would indeed benefits from this rule.

It seems quite strong to be able to combine scaly skin and dead for innumerable ages...