1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Kroakstar vs Gutstar

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by themuffinman873, Jun 5, 2015.

1. themuffinman873
    Chameleon Skink

themuffinman873 Member

Ignoring outside unit and magic influence, could TG come out on top?

Advantage:
    TG are WS4, guts are WS3. Kroak causes -1 to hit, so guts are hitting on 5's, TG are hitting on 3's. Guts are s6, which obliterates TG on a 2+ , but TG obliterate guts on 3+.

Disadvantage:
    DoI from Kroak is not that awesome.
    There WILL be a hellheart (in this case)

His deployment is going to be 3 wide (most likely), with a full bus of characters in the front, which is the big concern. I would deploy 7 wide, for maximum coverage. Finally, I was going to put a Scarvet BSB in there with scavenpelt banner for the +7 attacks in the front.

I don't really remember his character bus, but it is something like tyrant with glit scales and fencers blades, lvl 2 maw slaughtermaster, unsure of what items they can take, prob a 4++, and a firebelly lvl 2 probably with a 5++.

If we could ignore magic and ignore other units, would this still be a poor choice? Also, I always mix up the rules, but if I refuse a challenge with the BSB and he walks to the back, do I still get the magic banner effect?

There are a million scenarios once magic come into play, of which he will have the advantage (I will have a heavens and beast lvl 1 priest, but they will get fed to the maw for Kroak's glory).