1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Land Mounts other than Cold/Horned Ones.

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Kaixili, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Kaixili
    Skink

Kaixili New Member

First of all, Dint get me wrong. Cold Ones are cool. Sure, Lizardmen CO models look like they have down syndrome compared to the Elf Ones, but still.

It mentions in the Army Book that the Jaguar, nit the Cold One, is revered by Lizardmen for being a sacred form/beast of the Old Ones. It even goes on to say that it's the preferred form of the Old One "Huanchi" (iirc) who was 'the great hunter'.

I'm just thinking, why don't Sauras ride Jaguars? (I'm pretty sure there's a species big enough for them) instead of Cold Ones (who, let us not forget, are stupid)
    Is it because they aren't cold blooded? This wouldn't make much sense, considering the Jaguars are revered and all.

Post some feedback, all.

- Kai'xili

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

That would be cool. Maybe also be able to take a unit of jaguars without riders (like sabertusks). Having mounts that are not stupid would be awesome too. Lizardmen do get the 3d6 on the test, but sometimes it makes it hard to use the cold ones effectively.

3. Kaixili
    Skink

Kaixili New Member

I was thinking that maybe only Skink Priests would ride them, since they're revered and all.
    I think one could be made by converting a Mournfang Cavalry. Without the Tusks, of course.

Using them as a separate unit would be awesome as well.

4. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Using a Jaguar could be your stand in for a Horned One, since GW doesn't have a "current" model to represent one. That way it would still be rare as you could only have one per army.

5. Maazie
    Cold One

Maazie Member

I so agree with the look of Our Cold ones.... I call them Derp One Riders.

Anyways, in the fluff there are some flightless birds that the Skinks ride in some areas. Not sure of the name though.

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

7. Didymus
    Chameleon Skink

Didymus Active Member

And why don't Hindu's ride cows? Seriously, if they ever bring out lizardmen models riding jaguars I'll smash every warhammer model I have...

8. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Take an OK Saber Tusk and model it into a Jaguar.

9. SouthlandLizardman
    Saurus

SouthlandLizardman New Member

There are plenty of much more ridiculous actions which have been taken by GW in the past (Storm of Chaos ending anyone?) which overshadow possible Jaguar mounts (which would be kind of cool IMHO).