1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery Little-Myth's Army Art and Fluff

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by little-myth, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

2. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

A rather random doodle, wanted to doodle a Bastiladon with an Aztec styled mask on, well not good with the details at all. A bit of a mess trying to fill that in.
    bastila with mask.jpg
    The teeth makes him a little goofy :D
    Then it reminds me of the whole masks used in rituals and death, then did that small bit of reading, the common ones had their eyes closed for death. Hmmmmm does give an interesting idea

3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Adding onto from yesterday, doing my dose of research into Aztecs and Mayans, mostly about. This does give me the idea of Tombs of the Lizardmen/Seraphon. A surviving tomb within the mortal realms, holding the many mummified spawnings. With the events of Malign Portents and everything. What were if they were to become reanimated, still holding their old ways.
    Pale complexions, black and turquoise armour, well a small choice of colours representing the masks used.

Well that's just me writing down more ideas because apparently I am addicted to writing stuff for the Lizards most of the time.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Wasn't sure where to write to here or the miniature thread but decided to write it here. So far there is 3 Lizard spawnings going strong.
    Swamp Lizards, Chaq'Kai and Coa'Xoach. I plan to have 4 going.
    I did had plans for the previous ones being the ones hiding underneath the Chaq'Kai but I ended up scrapping them to be a full fledged thing. They still exist as rough fluff though for the Chaq'Kai, just being kept unknown.
    So the 4th slot is open back up for the main armies.
    Trying to decide on what to go with, I do have a big turtle from the Deepkin I was going to use for the Seraphon, but Aquatic lizards doesn't sound unique to me for some reason, then so does Swamp Lizards but they were my first full Lizardmen army.
    Unless I sculpt legs onto it and call it a very flat Bastiladon
    Well could try it keep it on the evens, the Swamp Lizards and Coa'Xoach are the more good/neutral guys while there is just Chaq'Kai; the blood thirsty ones.
    So maybe another for the chaos to have 2-2
    There was that idea for the mummified ones... hmmmmm

5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Of course there is me rambling on about the variety of lizard spawnings. Everyone wants to see more of one thing...

More Tomb Kings!
    Ushabti with greatsword.png

Could of done him in a more proud pose as seen often with them but that's how the drawing went. Ushabti!

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's a good one!! Love it!

7. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Many thanks!

8. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Still in the deep thoughts on confirming the last of the major spawnings
    So chucking this idea out here, how would one like these cursed Lizardmen. A particular spawning group that travelled to the lands of the Tomb Kings in the old world, got entrapped in a cursed tomb.
    Would make an idea to mix some of Seraphon models with some TK parts, but I may have to go other places to get non GW parts because lack of TK!
    Will need to flesh out the idea, especially on appearance and stuff.
    With the new mortal realms and all also.

Then got a giant turtle to work with and all

9. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Decided to do some quick doodles to keep the thread going, a mix of Warhammer races, including TK skeleton
    Warhammer doodles.png

10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the creature in the lower left corner?

11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Lower left would be Skaven, mostly the Pestilence one due to the hoods they have

12. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Scalenex meant to type "what is in the lower right corner?" Maybe it would be best if we could identify all these hideous creatures.

All creatures are hideous compared to the capstone of evolution that is pandas

13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Ah that would be one of the recent Chaos Familiars then. Not sure if they all have individual names, this particular one always grabs my attention. Mostly due to it being a fish with legs.

14. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Thank the Old Ones! I wanted to say "Not sure what that is, it looks like a fish with legs!" and was worried that voicing that though would be mildly offensive. It looks like it was meant to look.

15. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Deciding to dust off this thread, need to keep up with this. Mostly a brainstorming post this one.
    So been trying to decide the last of the 4 Seraphon armies, how the fluff is linked between these.

The Swamp lizards (still needs a name!) being one of the main good groups, but due to the events of The End Times they are stuck in the stars, how most rely on a Slann and their one went off somewhere, Ataxa is the only one left alive and is forever roaming the realms in search of artefacts in hopes it would return the rest of his kind to him, or hopefully finding the missing Slann.

The Coa'Xoach are another set of good guys, they spent most of the time roaming the more lush jungles of Lustria. They are known to be cunning deceivers mostly due using their bright, pretty colours to fool, somehow it worked most of the time. In AoS they was able to protect their spawning pools and are found hidden deep away in magical vegetation in the realm of Ghyran, they are seen sometimes working with the Sylvaneth whenever Nurgle decides to creep that bit too close to their territory.

The Chaq'Kai can be seen as bad in the eyes of the other Lizards, in the Old World they were known as a forgotten spawn of Lizard, hiding away in a sunken temple. Following their own god and would often bring sacrifices in hopes to bring him forth, this also included other Lizardmen at the time. In AoS they still have the same blood frenzy mindset, they developed the idea to ally with others but only to scavenge whoever falls in battle. They also was able to bring their god to the realms but it doesn't stop them for continually sacrificing to make him stronger.

Then there is the last one, haven't worked out fluff at all yet and their purpose. Being that I am converting the Saurus Centaurs and the possible Carnosaur version I might do something around them. Makes me think something went wrong somewhere and the riders fused with their mounts :p
    Possible chances they will be another bad guy army, keeps it even then. Always have some old ideas that I can revisit.
    This would also mean coming up with colour schemes and everything.

16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Chaq'Kai WIP
    Chaqkai wip.png

Need to refine some stuff like the Razordons, the crew on the Stegadon and fix the Carno a bit.
    Won't be doing the lineart probably, it might just be a neat sketch with colours. Could try to do the lineart but it may take ages.

knave, Imrahil, LizardWizard and 3 others like this.
  17. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Nice background as well, with the Steggy and the Saurus dudes. :)

18. little-myth
    Carnasaur

So been sitting around, making final confirmations who are the main four. Been squeezing some units together and making the alterations. Or maybe my brain forgot some ideas as I manage a lot of stuff, Rourvuk Carrion, Werewolf Cults, still working on a good idea for a 40k homebrewed army. My own art and projects. Anyway.

The Swamp lizards- (Still need to name them)
    Chaq'Kai
    Coa'Xoach
    Wintery lizards of the land (still need to name these also)

Will get around to some descriptions about them, a lot to work out at the moment.

19. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Currently starting a drawing of an idea of a crossover between Lizardmen and Tomb Kings, pretty much fancy skeletal dinos. Let's see how this goes.

20. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Here is a rough sketch idea
    lizardmentombking cold one mix.jpg

Was mostly thinking a construct mix for the Cold One, still need to go and refine this more and alter some parts.

Aginor, Imrahil, Scalenex and 2 others like this.