1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Lizardmen Base Sizes (Old World Development Diary 2023/04/14)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Hazhak, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Hazhak
    Jungle Swarm

Hazhak New Member

I don't have my old Lizardmen army anymore, but I'm very much interested in converting some of the new Age of Sigmar Seraphon models over to Warhammer Fantasy. So you can bet that I'm obsessively thirsty about any new information I can glean about Warhammer: The Old World. Enter today's Community article, a development diary post!
    One of the biggest questions on my mind is how to address basing issues. I would love it if Games Workshop would simply do what they used to do for Chaos Daemons back in the day: include square bases along with the rounds in models that could be used for either system. However, I suspect players will be expected to come up with (pay for) their own solutions.
    The element that stuck out to me from this article, though, was that while they confirmed that base sizes will be increasing, the increase isn't a simple upscale across the board. Though all 20mm will be upgrading to 25mm, not all models that were on 25s will go bigger. It's important to note that they don't exactly specify any dimensions other than confirming the 25mm base. Will the new, larger infantry bases (and cavalry) be 32mm across? How deep will the new cavalry bases be? Will that increase too? What about ogre-sized bases? Will they jump from 40mm to 50mm so that our Kroxigors can still rank up neatly with skinks? Are people going to have to rebase their monsters as well?
    So place your bets! What size of bases do you think we'll see for the Lizardmen roster?