1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizerd’s Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Lizerd, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Today was my first battle. I played three games, won the first, lost the second, and won the third.
    Game One Against stormcast. Battleplan was a small objective grabbing.
    Turn one he moves first. I respond with a LoST with the carnosaur and butcher his lord arcanum on Dracolina.
    Turn two: his sequitors attack, however they fail to kill the carnosaur, and on my turn it wipes out the unit.
    Seraphon victory

Game two:
    Similar story to game one, same opponent and battleplan.
    Turn one, I go first, however while my LoST was successful he got clever and blocked off his general, so I attack and kill most of his sequitors. However his general and remaining sequitors finishes off my swarms.

Game three:
    Similar battle plan against orruks
    Turn one: I win, and let my opponent go first
    He moves, I move and kill his general pretty quickly in the first turn.
    He attacks in response.
    Turn 2
    I win initiative and gain a vote. Since his hero is dead I have won the game. Pretty quick actually.

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Congratz on the victories.

Thanks for the quick summaries. How many points were your games and what did your list look like? If you don't mind sharing.

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

They were pretty small 400 point battles. My guess is having a carnosaur offset people as nobody brought oversized monsters. My “army” was literally three models.
    My saurus oldblood on carnosaur equipped with gyrstrike and disciplined fury, and 2 celestial swarms.
    As you can expect, the carnosaur did all the work :D

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Ghyrstrike is such an incredible artifact. I wish Ghyran had one or two other strong artifacts.

Crowsfoot and Lizerd like this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Yeah ghyrstrike was a real game changer. It turned massive amounts of misses into hits meaning I could maximize my damage output with the carnosaur.

I definetly agree that ghyran needs more of those artifacts.

Dragvindel and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

What do you mean by celestial swarms?

Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.
  7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Yep those guys exactly. In numbers they are pretty good but mostly serve as chaff.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  9. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Oh! So older Fantasy models? They show as 120 MPP. 2x of those and a Sunblood on Carno is 500 MPP... or did I math wrong?

Lizerd likes this.
  10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright late on this but the Oldblood is 260 points and celestial swarm 120. That is 360 points.

Now onto a scheduled battle report:
    Seraphon vs Death
    Turn one: I win priority and let my opponent go first, with no missiles he awkwardly moves up, and with no charges possible passes the turn to me.
    My turn I move the carnosaur (this time my new scar vet) in and March the warriors. Charge phase, the carnosaur slams into the skeletons and does a number to their forces, 8 out of 20 dead. If I had been luckier I could have gotten 13. He retaliates and does 3 wounds to the carnosaur.
    Turn two: I win priority again, and naturally go first. The warriors move in and pin down his flailed wraith stalkers, killing 3 of them. He counters by killing 4 warriors. The carnosaur finishes off his skeletons with ease.
    Opponent turn: he is able to move in his wight king. The glaivewraith stalkers are able to kill two more warriors before they are counter attacked and killed. The wight king attacks the carnosaur, deals 2 wounds and in my counter attack gets eaten.

Aginor and Wilhelm Stürmer like this.
  11. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

I like that small battles can still be really enjoyable and done in a short time. Really makes me want to start playing Skirmish. Nice report! Glad to see the Saurus and ScarVet perform so well.

Lizerd likes this.
  12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I actually did find the saurus scar veteran pretty enjoyable to use. It does lack the range or deadly melee of an oldblood (note the sunbolt gauntlet and the flat 3 damage jaws) but makes up in being a bit cheaper as well as being more durable. The two actually do have some pretty malicious combinations to dream up, so hopefully in a high point game I can try one out.

13. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright, here is possibly the bloodiest, most chaotic, and drawn out battle I have ever done.
    800 points
    Seraphon vs Death
    Battleplan knife to the heart.

My army list
    Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    - Greatblade
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Disciplined Fury
    - Artefact: Blade of Realities

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Lances

Total: 770 / 800
    Extra Command Points:
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 54

I sadly don’t know exactly what he ran
    Allegiance: Death

Leaders
    Necromancer (110)
    Vampire Lord (140)

Battleline
    15 x Dire Wolves (180)
    30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
    - Ancient Blades

Units
    5 x Black Knights (120)

Total: 790 / 800
    Extra Command Points: -
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 80

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Aginor likes this.
  14. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Turn one: I finish lose priority and go first, mostly moving in. The Oldblood picks off a few skeletons but the scar veteran engages in combat with skeletons first. The fight goes pretty well at first and I do a good number on his skeletons. Then they counter attack, ouch, some 60 attacks, with 5 wounds. Then they got to attack again due to a spell. The scar veteran went down in a storm of blows.[​IMG]

15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

His turn he simply responds with the usual, simply to move up and activates a soulsand hourglass on my Oldblood. He sends a few wolves after my Oldblood. Big mistake, it took zero wounds and proceeded to eat the entire unit.
    Second turn I win priority. Now at this point I’m not doing so well, so the cold one knights on my right move in and attack his skeleton knights. The battle is pretty indecisive, with not many kills for either side. I pass the turn.
    [​IMG]

16. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Quite opposite to my center and right, the left is not doing so well. He sent in his general the vampire lord as well as a unit of dire wolves. After killing a knight with some bad rolls, I retaliated and killed most of his wolves. On his right my knights finish off his skeleton knights.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  17. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

The carnosaur roams in to the skeletons while the knights in on the skeletons. The carnosaur moves in and does a solid number on the skeletons, crippling their effectiveness. He responds with no wounds to the carnosaur by sheer luck.
    [​IMG]

18. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Turn three I win priority again, and naturally go first. The knights from my right move in with the carnosaur in the remaining skeletons while my knights on the left continue to grind down his ever respawning dire wolves. The carnosaur manages to finish off his skeletons in the center. However the left is interesting, as both his heroes are moved up, tightly bunched. His response only kills a few knights.
    [​IMG]

19. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Turn four is the best round for me hands down. With another priority win, I move in the carnosaur and teleport my knights. Pretty soon his heroes and resummoned skeletons are surrounded, in combat the carnosaur devours his necromancer while the saurus knights kill his vampirelord. Now both his heroes are dead. While his response severely injured the carnosaur and killed the knights, he was at a disadvantage.
    [​IMG]

20. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

The fifth and final turn was uneventful. I win priority, and as in this entire game, go first. I teleport the carnosaur out with only 2 wounds left and my last saurus knight runs off. His skeletons fail to catch it and his dire wolves also fail to seize my objective. Game ends after a 2 hour session for a mere 800 point game.
    Game ends in a DRAW.

Post Battle review
    My arguably worst mistake I made was sending in my scar veteran to early. While deadly effective, he had no chance against the stupid amount of attacks and as a result after the lizards quick death, i really did not have enough power to size his objective. Winning priority almost every time also helped a ton, as I got to respond. My opponents biggest mistake was bunching up his heroes, to close to a carnosaur. Very good game but in truth, I like to think I won. Here is why.

My objective was special, not as it was some funny rules but because of what the objective was. Fossilized T.rex crap. 60 skeletons, 18 dire wolves, 12 skeleton knights, a vampire and necromancer fought and died in an attempt to claim literal shit. In my book, that is a win ;)