1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Looking at starting the glorious Dinosaur army, ran into an issue

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Dacekhan, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Dacekhan
    Jungle Swarm

Dacekhan New Member

So I was reading through 1d4chan, maybe not the best source. Tetto'eko seems really awesome and I want to run him but one of the things mentioned there confused me a bit "When he is present, he lets you roll a D6 at the start of your turn: on a roll of a one you have to reroll all your 6's when casting, 2+ lets you reroll all 1's when casting. Not only do your casters get to reroll their 1's, this also affect the magic machines carried by Stegadons and Bastiladons, which improves them ten-fold."

Does his 'herald of cosmic events' effect bound spells? I had a bit of a look around before asking and couldn't find much, but from the look of the main rulebook it doesn't?

2. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Yup, they got it wrong there. It's quite clearly written in the army book.

Firstly, you roll the dice at the start of your magic phase - not your turn.
    Secondly, the rule states that all friendly wizards - so "magic machines" and bound spells are unaffected.

BR
    Agrem

Qupakoco and Slanputin like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Agrem is completely correct. Engine of the Gods and Solardons are not wizards, and Tetto's ability only affects wizards. But Tetto is still an extremely amazing character to add to an army!

4. Dacekhan
    Jungle Swarm

Dacekhan New Member

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to come back with any other confusions

Qupakoco likes this.