1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loreful Lizards: A TWW2 Mod

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Vengefulnoob, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Vengefulnoob
    Skink

Vengefulnoob Member

Hi all, just to let you know that I've just released Loreful Lizards, my mod for TWW2 which I've been working on for some time. A list of features is below, but if there are things which you think ought to be added to the Lizardmen TWW2 experience, please do let me know and I shall endeavour to include them!

Children of the Old Ones!

The world is in disarray. For too long, the Great Plan of CA has remained unknown to us, and the lizardmen factions have been lacking flavour and loreful depiction. Though the forked tongue of Sotek approaches with a new DLC, this mod attempts to fill current and potential future gaps by perusing the sacred plaques of the 5th to 8th edition Army Books.

Campaign:
    - All Lizardmen factions begin the game allied. War against your fellow cold bloods is unconscionable to the workings of the Great Plan.
    - Added Mortuary Cults style "Great Plan" interface to allow player to summon skink attendants, rouse jungle monsters and bring forth Ancient artifacts of the Old Ones.
    - Removed Feral Beasts from the Recruitable roster. These are wild animals, not inherently loyal to the Lizardmen any more than Horses are loyal to Bretonnia. They can still be recruited with the Rite of Primordial Glory, or the Jungle Muster rites in the Great Plan interface.

Battle:
    - Added a Temple Bodyguard summon for Slann on Palanquins, representing their personal Temple Guard protectors.
    - Horned Ones retextured to 5th Edition colours (Red and Black) to make them stand out from Cold Ones.

Units:
    - Southlands variants of Skink units based on 5th and 6th Edition lore. Coloured according to early 5th edition schemes, for old nostalgists. Not recruitable in Campaign
    - Dragon Isles savage units, based on Collecting Lizardmen (2005). Not recruitable in Campaign
    - Sacred Spawnings, based on Collecting Lizardmen (2005). Powerful end tier infantry, available from special landmarks across Lustria.
    - Pliodon, large crocodilian aquatic monster. Great Plan Rite
    - Coatl, a feathered serpent with very good magical powers to make up for a lack of melee. Not recruitable in Campaign.
    - Culchan, A flightless bird that is a fragile but heavy hitting monster. Great Plan Rite
    - Dread Saurian, the largest monster in the Lizardmen arsenal, controlled by glyphs and plaques. Fills the same niche as the Feral Carnosaur, but better at it.
    - Engine of the Gods, a powerful magical ranged Stegadon. Can bolster your winds of magic.
    - Cosmic Engine, a more powerful Engine of the Gods, based on the Prophet of Sotek Army Unit which was carried by an Arcanodon. Fires Comets at foes, can use the Shield of the Old Ones, and bolster your winds of magic. Recruitable from Fallen Gates or Itza Vaults only

Compatibility:
    - Unlikely to be compatible with major overhauls like SFO.
    - Does NOT work with Minotaur Delivery System (Unfortunately)
    - DOES work with: Crynsos Faction Unlocker, Mixu's Legendary Lords, Shield of the Old Ones rework.

Future Plans:
    - This mod has been worked around likely inclusions for the Rat and the Serpent DLC, including Troglodons, Razordons, Salamanders, Relic Priests and Ripperdactyls. If those aren't included, I will try to add them.
    - Add Coatls, Southlands and Savage units to campaign recruitment in relevant locations.
    - Add Portal images for the new units.
    - A number of Legendary Slann, such as Quex, Adohi-Tenga and Tepec-Inzi, each with unqiue powers and lores of magic.
    - Great Plan additions including powerful dilemma events which give the player notable bonuses and maluses based on their decisions, including armies and diplomatic outcomes.
    - An overhaul of Lizardmen diplomacy so that confederation can only be achieved through debating your interpretation of the Great Plan. Notable outcomes for diplomacy with Elven races, Dwarfs and Men. A way to customise the Great Plan to your liking.
    - A more in depth and loreful approach to Kroq-Gar's expedition to the Southlands.

2. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for this mod!

I really like this point a lot:
    Lizardmen on the campaign side of things are very lack-luster and uninteresting in their mechanics, so things like this are always appreciated.

Vengefulnoob likes this.
  3. Vengefulnoob
    Skink

Vengefulnoob Member

Thanks Paradoxical!

I've been working on a series of dilemmas to try and make the game more interesting campaign wise for lizardmen, such as reclaiming the Southlands, Reaching an accord with the Amazons, Reclaiming and rebuilding Chupayotl. Issue is that these all require some complex LUA scripting to achieve.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

just toyed around with the cosmic engine and....

[​IMG]

yeah, this is my new favorite mod <33, and the Huanchi saurus warriors look amazing with their greyish color scheme.

Vengefulnoob likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Can y'all post a few pictures of the new units ingame?

The mod sounds pretty awesome, so chances are good that I will try it once I start my next campaign.

6. Vengefulnoob
    Skink

Vengefulnoob Member

Glad you enjoyed, Paradoxical! I might need to tweak the Cosmic Engine down a bit as it has the potential to be very OP, but it's good fun for smacking the ratmen upside of the head!

Aginor, the best way to see screenshots is on the mod's description page itself, but here's some:

Southlands Skinks:
    [​IMG]

Dread Saurian
    [​IMG]

Engine of the Gods:
    [​IMG]

Cosmic Engine:
    [​IMG]

Paradoxical Pacifism and Aginor like this.