1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Mountain range theme

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by DenDamian, Jun 8, 2020.

1. DenDamian
    Skink

DenDamian Member

Hi all,

As a player and collector i have to admit that i really have to spend more time in lore correct paint schemes, however i am saving this for armies on display or diorama type works. So my armies have no real story or plan behind them. I simply do as i like. And i like epic tales such as Hannibals crossing of the Alps, which was the inspiration for the first paint jobs / army theme i did.

Here are some of the finished pieces. As wel as some WIP's.

Regards,
    Damian.

Attached Files:

2. DenDamian
    Skink

DenDamian Member

Here is the full Skink Unit. As well as some WIP Terradon riders. I love the models but asthetically they are a bit tricky. I decided to go with contrast paint as a base layer. I have done one of them with a stippeling effect and laquerd with ink. As you can see the stippeling is taking its sweet time, so far i have done 2 out of the planned 5 layers.

Regards,
    Damian

Attached Files:

3. DenDamian
    Skink

DenDamian Member

I have been looking for an astrolith bearer for some time now, and after some pondering and aquiring extra parts i decided to build one myself. Tho i did not exactly adhere to the whole a dude has to carry it rule i kinda went overboard.

I used a Disc of Zeenth as base, with bits and pieces from Saurus guards as decorations, and obviously everything from the standard bearers i could find after completing all the units. The base is somewhat prepped as to placement of the model. The banner is posted on a Carnosaur throne, and its bearer is a saurus guard with parts from an old blood. The base is a 40k dreadnaught base.

Eventually this will be the astrolith bearer for my Jungle themed army. I might add the deco from the realmshaper engine, just to make sure its propper overboard. OSL will ensue.

Regards,
    Damian

Attached Files:

4. DenDamian
    Skink

DenDamian Member

I started on my Saurus guard unit today. Am using a combination of contrast paints, as well as traditional high lighting and shading.

The scales are a combination of warp lightening, warboss green, anthonian camo shade and moot green.

WIP;
    Regards,
    Damian

Attached Files:

Explodingzeb, Warden and Imrahil like this.
  5. DenDamian
    Skink

DenDamian Member

Finished the Guardian leader. I am still a bit on the cliffs with the jungle theme for the smaller bases, so i might add litle this and thats to his base in due time.

Attached Files:

Explodingzeb, Warden and Imrahil like this.
  6. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I love your style. Nice fluff too your mountain theme :cool:

Good painting going on here :artist:

Grrr, Imrahil

7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Really great work! I like your unique astrolith bearer conversion, never seen one like this before :cool:

8. DenDamian
    Skink

DenDamian Member

Thanks. I started fiddeling around and when the usual "enough is enough" kicked in i just chugged along. I like how it turned out. Hoping my play mates will not mind it being more rule of cool than an actual bearer.

Also, just finished my jungle themed Slann. I am still on the fence wether to five his eyes a type of iris. I really loce this model, all the small details, litle animals. Was a hoot to paint.

Attached Files:

9. btrain16
    Saurus

btrain16 Active Member

Looks great! The jungle-themed basing is totally on point!

10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That is a beautifully painted Slann, love the tiny details you managed to bring out on the plaque above his head. Great work :artist::artist: