1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Multicombat - Unit disengage - What happens?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Man0waR, May 19, 2015.

1. Man0waR
    Kroxigor

Man0waR Member

Hi fellow lizards.

I've been through this situation some times in my last battles:

A unit of cavalry is fighting both flanks and due to unsaved wounds they have to remove models in order to keep miniatures in b2b. With enough wounds done, they disengage b2b from one of their flanks.

What do we do here?

Move the units in combat to base to base to the depleted unit.
    Stay right there but keep fighting? Remember they are no longer in b2b
    Their combat participation ends right there
    If so:
    They apply ranks, charge bonus, flank bonus?
    They only apply wounds done?

And if their participation ends there. Can they overun? They have not killed the enemy unit, but they are no longer in the combat so ... well clear it guys, is such a mess.

Thank you :D

2. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

I don't have BRB with me, but I'm pretty sure there is paragraph about such situation and it says that you have to move one of the flanking units closer so it could stay in b2b.

borkbork likes this.
  3. miturian
    Saurus

miturian Member

hmm, I, too, seem to remember the BRB covering this specifically, but the way I remember it, they are no longer in combat, their wounds count, but nothing else. it came up in our game last night, so I'm gonna look it up anyway...

4. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

In this case (fighting on two flanks) you just move the flanking units a nudge, to keep in contact (like Trociu allready mentioned). This works the same as fighting in the rear, you just move the attacker to make up for the removed casualties. (keep in mind that in the case of a single ranke you are supposed to remove models alternating from either side).

If moving a unit, for some reason, is not possible then they lose contact and stop being in combat (and normally this only happens when there are multiple units of each side or intervening terrain).

Trociu likes this.
  5. miturian
    Saurus

miturian Member

I concede, it's on p. 61 in the BRB, under "shrinking units and multiple fights", I was confusing it with the next entry: "no more foes". BRB says people keep nudging forwards to remain in b2b.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.