1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS My First Tournament List (1k Doubles) + Army Pics

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by RandomTsar, Sep 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. RandomTsar
    Saurus

RandomTsar Active Member

I decided to join my best friend in a 1k doubles match at a game store they frequent before they move away.

They're bringing Soul Blight, lots of zombies, lots of zombie wolves, and some cursed city heroes (kinda).

But for my list, I decided to make it a goal to finally paint some of 3D Printed Seraphon I've been shaming away from.

Meet the Team:
    PXL_20210917_015722707.jpg

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Grand Strategy: Beast Master
    - Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders:
    Skink Star Priest (130)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflagration
    - Spell: Tide of Serpents

Skink Priest (80)
    - Prayer: Heal

Battleline:
    Stegadon with Sky Streak Bow (265)

Stegadon with Sky Streak Bow (265)

Behemoths:
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)

Endless Spells
    The Burning Head (20)

Faction Terrain
    Realmshaper Engine (0)

Core Battalions
    Battle Regiment

Total: 995 / 1000
    Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 45
    Drops: 1

Idea is to go pew pew a bunch with the stegadons and the bastiladon. Bastilidon will likely hold back mostly staying within prayer/command point range of the two Heros being held up in the realm shaper engine. While my friend's tar pits help secure objectives.

I'd love any suggestions on tactics during the game. I have loads of other things printed but am completely out of time to paint anything, and I refuse to take unpainted minis (because my partner has really well-painted minis). So tweaks to the list while happy to receive, will mostly be underutilized.

This will be my first tournament and really my first game at a hobby shop. Any tournament tips/social norms would be appreciated as well!

----------------------------------------------------

More Images! You'll notice that everything, except one of the Star Priest (3D printed one counting as a regular priest), is custom.

The burning head is a digital kit bash I made with lots of misc. fire effects from various models and a suspiciously accurate stegadon head STL.

The Realmshaper engine is mostly foam, and I believe I have a tutorial on its creation on my now very dusty Army Blog on here. TLDR: Foam squares tapered and carved. Some 3D printed pieces are available on thingiverse from 2 artists, and some custom snake statues I made for my custom star priest.

The bases are scaled and cut versions of an astrolith banner icon floating around on thingiverse.

The Bastilidon was a partnership between myself and another creator. They uploaded the base mesh and I added all the carapace detailing.

Stegadons are Duncan Shadow's dinos and Ge32's Howdahs. They don't look super cohesive with the dinos, but they technically fit with no modifications so I stuck with them (also I already had them 3D printed and am lazy-ish).

Anyways... The images:
    PXL_20210917_015727941.jpg
    PXL_20210917_015736920.jpg
    PXL_20210917_015753056.jpg
    PXL_20210917_015800897.jpg

Ge32 and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.