1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "WHFB daemon army to tabletop during 2021" project

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Neersh, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Neersh
    Skink

Neersh Member

In December 2020 I got this idea of building a second WHFB army.
    Being an extremely lazy painter, I put a ghost deadline for myself that the army should be in adequate condition by the end of 2021.
    Meaning, at least fully assembled and pretty much painted to tabletop quality.
    My interest in the hobby is more in the gaming side really (although I loathe deploying unpainted minis), so tabletop minimum fits my vanity and capabilities just fine.

In the spirit of encouraging any other lazy painters (also, in shameless self-boasting), I'm posting my results here.

Around 7,5k points (8th ed) worth of daemons of chaos.

daemons.jpg

My project was not entirely successful, as the fiend proxys (on the top left) are still unfinished, and I have about half a dozen un-assembled random daemons still in my bitzbox.

There are a few other proxy models too, because I disliked the official miniatures:
    - Four beasts of Nurgle (middle back in the pic) are Call of Cthulhu and Occult Wars moon beast minis
    - Two soul grinders (back left and right) are some harry potter(?) collectible miniature sneks.
    - Three skull kannons of Khorne (front middle) are Warmachine's infernal desolators.
    - The unit of Khorne hounds (front right) are dread wolves or some other doggies from GW

Still, I surprised myself in getting this done in a year.
    So, feel free to surprise yourself with your eternal miniature projects too!

My project for 2022 seems to be something similar for a Necron army. And maybe also to learn to take better photos of minis. :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Amazing!!! Quite the army you've got here and congratulations to you for getting it completely painted.
    They look gorgeous :artist::artist::artist:

Those "giant" Snakes look amazing, soooooo much better than the actual soul grinder (worst GW model ever)

So which army will it be this year? :angelic: :p

Grrr, Imrahil

Neersh likes this.
  3. Neersh
    Skink

Neersh Member

Thanks!

Necrons, I think.

On the other hand I have a never-ending supply of skaven (my original army of choice with which I started in the mid-90's) which could do with some touching-up, not to mention all the unpainted ones...

4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Wow.

You are a very productive painter!!! Well done!

I'm happy to see that you are a WHFB player! Do you play the gentleman's game of the 8th Edition? If so, see this thread.

Neersh and Imrahil like this.
  5. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

Very impressive! You had a very productive 2021 :)

Imrahil likes this.
  6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Another Dynasty rises to seek the eternal quest for freedom from biotransferrance!

I look forward to seeing your first models, and the scheme you use for them!